What's new

Southern Draw Rose of Sharon-Mind Blown

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to say, after smoking a few of the vitolas, lance, robusto, perfecto, IMO the lance is hands down the best of the bunch. The other sizes don't even compare for me.

I just had another lance and it inspired me to come post here.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When this cigar won our BOTL top cigar for 2018 I had to try one. I bought a 5'er of Robustos and was very disappointed. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion but I found it boring. Not bad, just boring. Oh well...

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I just had to say, after smoking a few of the vitolas, lance, robusto, perfecto, IMO the lance is hands down the best of the bunch. The other sizes don't even compare for me.

I just had another lance and it inspired me to come post here.
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
When this cigar won our BOTL top cigar for 2018 I had to try one. I bought a 5'er of Robustos and was very disappointed. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion but I found it boring. Not bad, just boring. Oh well...
Give the lance a shot one day.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a Rose of Sharon Robusto that I've been looking forward to trying. I'm usually not a Connecticut wrapper guy but I like some of the flavors. Maybe I'll fire it up this evening!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I had that Rose of Sharon last night. It was a good smoke. Flawless construction and burn. Lots of pepper and spice at the beginning, then settled into a somewhat typical Connecticut flavor profile. Creamy wood (oak mostly but some cedar) and a sweet vanilla/caramel flavor. Light pepper on the retrohale. I don't think I'll seek more out but it was good. Better than any other connie I've had, probably.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a fiver coming this week. Looking forward to trying these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoked the Perfecto yesterday, it was very good, medium body, sweet and nutty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get the rave reviews for this stick. I've smoked 3-4 but always wondered why I was giving it another chance. Flavor never goes above medium but it's a simple profile that you can get in many different brands. I try most new cigars that come out every year but this one was one of the few that really made me question if everyone is in on something I'm not or my tongue had gone rotten.

That said I'm basically a maduro broadleaf smoker at heart so really not anywhere near my preferred type of profile I guess.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
See these on Famous...will try 3 Lanceros and 1 Robusto to get a sense of them after a few months of rest. If they don't blow my dress up then at least I haven't blown the rent money...will add some Havana Honeys to get the 17% discount overall....I've spent more on lunch at Chik Fil A.