What's new

Spicy cigar recommendations

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on a spicy kick lately. Ever since trying my first 601 La Bomba I have fallen for spicy cigars. So far I have tried 601 La bomba, CAO Extreme, Don Pepin Cuban Classic, Don Pepin Garcia Blue, Gurka Yakuza, RP Super Ligero, Tatuaje Havana VI, Tatuaje Fausto, and Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu. Is there anything out there with more spice than these? I feel the more I smoke spicy sticks the more spice I want, so far the CAO Extremes and the 601 La Bombas deliver the most with the super ligero a runner up but definitely feel it doesnt live up to its name. Any one have any recommendations for some super spicy sticks?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t smoked most of those you listed (I have smoked a few), but fresh Opus usually have a pretty good spicy kick. The power ranger used to be a little spice bomb. Probably still is but I haven’t had one in a while.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The Cu-Avana Punisher Jalapeno (and the regular Punisher I believe) has actual capsaicin infused in the head if I'm not mistaken. Never had one but heard they are pretty spicy. Cigar.com and CI have them. LFD's Double Ligero Maduro Chisel has a nice spice note, nothing crazy. Their La Nox is also peppery, I wouldn't say spicy, but some people have said they tasted spices in that stick. Tatuaje's Cojonu 2003. Man of War Ruination and Little Devil I've heard are spicy from people but I didn't get that when I smoked the Ruination (never had the devil). Diesel Unholy Cocktail was relatively peppery to me, maybe on the spicy side?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t smoked most of those you listed (I have smoked a few), but fresh Opus usually have a pretty good spicy kick. The power ranger used to be a little spice bomb. Probably still is but I haven’t had one in a while.
Opus as in Opus X? Definitely would love to try one some day but seem to be like the holy grail of cigars and even when in stock are super expensive.

The Cu-Avana Punisher Jalapeno (and the regular Punisher I believe) has actual capsaicin infused in the head if I'm not mistaken. Never had one but heard they are pretty spicy. Cigar.com and CI have them. LFD's Double Ligero Maduro Chisel has a nice spice note, nothing crazy. Their La Nox is also peppery, I wouldn't say spicy, but some people have said they tasted spices in that stick. Tatuaje's Cojonu 2003. Man of War Ruination and Little Devil I've heard are spicy from people but I didn't get that when I smoked the Ruination (never had the devil). Diesel Unholy Cocktail was relatively peppery to me, maybe on the spicy side?
Thanks for the recommendations! I have had the MoW Ruination and like you I didnt pick up much spice in it, I also have had a diesel unholy cocktail and thats a pretty good stick, thanks for reminding me about it. Definitely going to look into getting some LFD Double Ligero and Cu-Avanas.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Try the Joya De Nicaragua Antaño 1970 and Antaño Dark Corojo. Both sticks have some solid spice kick. Also, try a Padron, any kind. Even the 1000 series has a lot of spice and pepper kick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the Joya De Nicaragua Antaño 1970 and Antaño Dark Corojo. Both sticks have some solid spice kick. Also, try a Padron, any kind. Even the 1000 series has a lot of spice and pepper kick.
Thanks! The only Padron I have had was a padron 1964 aniversario exclusivo maduro robusto, it was an amazing stick but didnt pick up much spice, definitely plan to try more padrons in the future though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently had a CAO Amazonian, great stick and pretty spicy after the first third. Another vote for LFD Double Ligero and Joya De Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo. All fairly budget minded and I've enjoyed them.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
La Palina Black, maybe?

Not trying to derail here, but the spicy conversation baffles me - what does "spicy" taste like? I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but I feel like we use the term to describe when a cigar has a kick that we just can't place, or even a palate assault that overwhelms, more than we do a flavor...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Recently had a CAO Amazonian, great stick and pretty spicy after the first third. Another vote for LFD Double Ligero and Joya De Nicaragua Antaño Dark Corojo. All fairly budget minded and I've enjoyed them.
I had a joya antano this weekend and it slapped me across the face like I paid for it. Haven’t had my ass handed to me by a cigar like that in a long time.

It tasted great though.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
La Palina Black, maybe?

Not trying to derail here, but the spicy conversation baffles me - what does "spicy" taste like? I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but I feel like we use the term to describe when a cigar has a kick that we just can't place, or even a palate assault that overwhelms, more than we do a flavor...
For me, a spicy cigar is literally spicy, like a pepper. there may be vegetal flavors that give it a specific kind of spicy, a lack of a vegetal tinge is to me 'black pepper' still spicy but not pin pointable like "red chilli pepper" or whatever. But that's just how i interpret it. TBH my pallate isnt developed enough to tell specific pepper flavors apart, but like i can tell between "this ones kind of like a jalepeno or red pepper or something" and "this ones like black pepper".