What's new

Spicy cigar recommendations

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man o war puro authentico is super spicey.
I have tried one of those and have it in my journal as a power house but I didnt pick up much spice, maybe ill have to try another.
La Palina Black, maybe?

Not trying to derail here, but the spicy conversation baffles me - what does "spicy" taste like? I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but I feel like we use the term to describe when a cigar has a kick that we just can't place, or even a palate assault that overwhelms, more than we do a flavor...
To me spicy can mean a few things. Sometimes its a black pepper kick, other times it can be a jalapeño type pepper kick or my favorite is a ginger spice type of kick where its that overwhelming spicey taste in your mouth that a strong ginger beer gives you.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I also take "spicy" to be a quite over generalization. There are different types of "spice" guys...... Be more specific.

There's the pepper spice profile that everyone seems to use synymously with "spice"- cayenne, black, jalapeno, chili, and chipotle peppers. Then there are the other spice profiles- cinnamon, clove, ginger, anise, (licorice) nutmeg, mace, and coriander. Many of these, in fact, most "spicy" flavor profiles are combined or have a dominant base note of cedar or wood.

For instance, the Fuente Hemingway is a perfect example of a "spicy" cigar, but not "spice" in the pepper sense.

Want pepper flavor notes? JDN Antaño 1970, JDN Antaño Dark Corojo, La Herencia Cubana CORE, La Gloria Cubana Serie R, AJ Fernandez Diesel, (a lot of AJF sticks for that matter) Todas Las Dias, Nica Rustica, Rocky Patel Edge, and Cohiba Black all have a variety of spice, from the pepper notes to the others I have mentioned.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Spice to me is souly related to heat if it is other spices i identify them individually. After all you wouldnt take a bite of cinnamon toast and say oh boy that is spicy. I understand they are infact spices. But with new aged english spicy usually 98% of the time is reserved to discribe food that is hot on the palate. There are only a few instances i can think of where it refers to diffrent groups of many spices. I.e spiced rice spiced pudding

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Spicy to one person is not spicy to another. I love hot food, bring on the hot sause, Habanero & Ghost Pepper peppers please. What is nice & spicy to me make other run for salt to put down the heat.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
85 maduro is one of my favorites. If you think that is strong and spicy try the padron 90th i dont think its a family reserve stick though comes in a red tubo. Made me kinda woozy and i dont get nic sick that offten being a 17 year cigerett smoker

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
85 maduro is one of my favorites. If you think that is strong and spicy try the padron 90th i dont think its a family reserve stick though comes in a red tubo. Made me kinda woozy and i dont get nic sick that offten being a 17 year cigerett smoker
I’m not all about the punishment. I don’t like an overwhelming black pepper hit just for the sake of having something hot. Now, couple the pepper with a nice oily sweetness and it’s a whole different story. I LOVE the whole spicy/sweet combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0