What's new

Springfield MO is at it, again!

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Oooooooooooh, he bristles at the thought of being compared to ice cream!!! He must like you guys an awful lot to take that!! :stickbeat

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No go, one city council member stated she would die before allowing a change to a voted driven ordinance (or a very similar statement, it was published)
Want I should pay her a "visit", boss? ;)

All joking aside, I wish you guys all the luck on the vote. We feel your pain out here. I used to be a big fan of Just For Him for my pipe tobacco, until it became illegal to get pipe tobacco shipped to Washington state. *sigh* It gets old watching our freedoms go out the window, even while fighting tooth and nail to keep them.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Jess... Thanks so much for filling us in!!! I knew you would clear it up, for us!

It sucks being on the outside; not living in Springfield, so I can't vote in any of it. But it affects me, that I love coming to visit you guys!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love having visitors - over half our custoemrs could not vote on this - and only one employee

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Springfield is a beautiful place and a great place to live. Unfortunately it is a city run by a government of morons with jacked up priorities and their own agendas.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
We're trying to educate people about the proposed ballot language, because I think most people don't understand that it is a total smoking ban which would include tobacco shops, private clubs, etc. I think the general population thinks this is just about restaurants and bars. Can you imagine telling the VFW "sorry, I know you fought for our freedom abroad but you are not allowed to smoke in your own private club." Unreal.
Sadly this has happened in our state...no smoking even in VFW and American legion Post, or any other bar for that matter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most current news -
We are going back to the voters on June 5
The council was looking at amending the current one so that e-cigs, theaters and smoke shops were allowed

Council is now looking at amending for theaters and e-cigs and grandfathering certain businesses - i don't have a confirmed list of who, but we would be one

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It baffles me that when making a law like this it isn't absolute common sense to exempt smoke shops. I get bars, because people may want to work, drink or eat their without smoke, but if you sign up to work or go to a cigar shop I think smoke is to be expected. It is just insane.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
It baffles me that when making a law like this it isn't absolute common sense to exempt smoke shops. I get bars, because people may want to work, drink or eat their without smoke, but if you sign up to work or go to a cigar shop I think smoke is to be expected. It is just insane.
agreed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only expected, but I hire people for their tobacco knowledge.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well, I'm sure Hot Lips will be around sometime soon to mention this... but Springfield MO City Council just discussed and voted in some exemptions including cigar bars, cigar stores, private and bingo clubs!!

When are we having a legal herf at Just for Him????

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came in to do update -
WE ARE LEGAL!
They grandfathered
a few tobacco shops - two that are really affected (us and a hookah bar)
one or two bingo halls (may take a few readings to decide)
theaters - performers under certain circumstances in certain theaters
e-cigarettes
One private cigar bar

private clubs are being widely reported and we've been trying to get out the word that no private club in Springfield qualifies under the definition

We still have a vote on June 5 we need to win!

Thanks for all your support guys - come herf anytime!