What's new

St Dupont Lighter GB?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Saw last night there was a tracking # in my e-mail when I was checking it. Figured I would just it just now and it says package arrived in Bloomfield, NJ at 4:32 AM. I figured it might be here right now, so I open the front door and there it is!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ya know, the Navy lighter wasn't my first choice but damn its nice looking. I can't wait to get home and light something up with it... Stuck here at work for 4 more hours.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
smokem94 said:
I got mine yesterday.....Thanks, but......The Vector fuel I got from you doesn't work with the lighter? I can't get fuel into the lighter...even with any of those adapter nozzels? Any suggestions? The fuel works perfectly with my Colibri.
hhhmm...Todd got it to work at the Philly herf...hhhmmm

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
smokem94 said:
It acts like the fuel is coming out around the fuel receiver????? Did Todd have to use one of the plastic adapters?
I don't think he used any of the adapters.

I know I have used it on the "Habanos Flame" X-tend - I'll give it a go when I get home

~M

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
did the x-tend come empty?

if so, it might still have some vapors that are causing back pressure. take a small screwdriver and purge the fuel tank by gently pushing down on the valve. once you let all that out try to refill it.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
did the x-tend come empty?

if so, it might still have some vapors that are causing back pressure. take a small screwdriver and purge the fuel tank by gently pushing down on the valve. once you let all that out try to refill it.
It wasn't completly empty, in fact it wouldn't light well the first few tries, then it would light, then it wouldn't as there wasn't enough fuel. When I try to put fuel in it just sprays out? I will try releasing the pressure?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Both Silo and Xtend lighters have fuel already in them. I'm using the cheaper Solo as my main lighter for now so not to burn out the nicer one. The silo works pretty darn good for the money. Flame did not go out while driving and trying to touch up the gar. I looked the my xtend. The Vector fuel can nozzle does seem to fit right in. I pushed them together and gas shot right out. Too much air pressure and fuel still inside. Definatly needs to be purged before trying that again.

Mike, there is also a clear spot on the bottom to view how much fuel is remaining. Hope that helped, Good luck.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Headbanger said:
Both Silo and Xtend lighters have fuel already in them. I'm using the cheaper Solo as my main lighter for now so not to burn out the nicer one. The silo works pretty darn good for the money. Flame did not go out while driving and trying to touch up the gar. I looked the my xtend. The Vector fuel can nozzle does seem to fit right in. I pushed them together and gas shot right out. Too much air pressure and fuel still inside. Definatly needs to be purged before trying that again.

Mike, there is also a clear spot on the bottom to view how much fuel is remaining. Hope that helped, Good luck.
Well, if it's full, then it doesn't work and if it's empty, it doesn't take fuel, so I hope it is the back pressure thing? I'll play with it again when I get home tonight.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
get a set of small screwdrivers (the kind you use to tighten glasses, etc.) undo the screw at the bottom of the lighter that holds up the case. carefully slide the case off and you'll see the clear tank. if empty and butane sprays out when trying to refill, then you have to purge it as I explained in an earlier post.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I use one of the adapters but you don't have to. You do get a little leakage as you fill but don't worry it is getting in there.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
received mine today. what an absolutely stunning piece. thank you, mark, you have a s.t. dupont lifetime customer in me. I'll be ordering a case from you soon, and some butane.