What's new

Stanley Cup Final

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Here we go Bruins!!!

I am hoping this will not be a beating as I fear it may be. Bruins will need a miracle, but anything can happen.

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
what a crazy game! Bodies flying everywhere, Vancouver biting fingers (literally to bleed), insane goal tending on both sides, huge hip checks, cross-bar shots, and a final goal with 18 seconds remaining (I think they were off-sides).

It will be interesting to see if any suspension is handed out on the biting incident. Sucks for Thomas, he was a stein! Would have like to have seen it go into overtime.

Needless to say, this has set the tempo for a great series. Phenomenal hockey!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
That was a great game one, hope they are all that good.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Awesome game, minus the missed offside call that lead to that goal. Close play and sucks that a missed offside decided it..

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
yeah, I know. I saw the replay again and he was onside.

Instead I'll be blaming the defender that clearly missed a check at the blue line with 20 secs to go.. You gotta either make the hit or get the puck. He did neither.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Apparently you can now bite anyone in a hockey game. All biting all the time sat night. Great game but Vancouver was very chippy. Ref shouldn't allow the continued goading of chara!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like Bostons defense played to aggressive in their end. Can't do that against a speedy team like the Canuncks. Too many chances given and Thomas was left out to dry.

I don't think the B's will be able to use their muscle.

Great tone set for this series. Can't wait for game 2!

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Game 2 Prediction:

I cant wait for tonight. Will it be another Luongo/Thomas show or will the bruins pick up the forecheck? One of biggest mistakes that continue to haunt the B's in my opinion deals with the breakout and neutral zone.

How many times throughout the playoffs have we seen lazy control of the puck during the breakout or in center ice? How many of those turnovers were goals, or almost goals? Second point, Hot out of the gate. The games where Boston has come on the ice on-fire we have fared well. Others times we have given up early goals.

So, if the Bruins can stay focused while breaking out of their zone, not give the puck up in the neutral zone and come out strong; Boston will tie up the series in game two.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hopefully the refs settle the hell down and let the boys play hockey tonight...

Let's go Bruins!

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
zero hustle to break it out of the bruins zone, even during power play, many turnovers in the zone....I am extremely frustrated right now (even with the 2 goals).

Last edited: