What's new

Stanley Cup Predictions

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
With the season winding down, I'm just curious to who you NHL fans have hoisting the cup this year. Being the homer that I am, I gotta go with the hottest team in the NHL right now, the Boston Bruins :glassesgr. 5 on 5, there's no one that can really touch them in my opinion. However, come playoff time, we'll see how the young defensemen hold without Seidenberg in the mix

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
It is pretty obvious where my loyalties are. But with the way we have played since the Olympics break I don't have as much confidence as I had before.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Pens as well. But only chance at the cup is if Bylsma can adapt a coaching style to beat the other teams instead of sticking to what doesn't work (hence the Boston series last year).

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Diehard Flyers fan here. At the end of November, they had the worse record in the NHL. Since then, the 2nd best record in hockey. Beat the Blues last week, and then lost to Boston and the Blues in frack'n shoot outs. Still playing great hockey though, and peaking just in time for the playoffs.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It is pretty obvious where my loyalties are. But with the way we have played since the Olympics break I don't have as much confidence as I had before.
Yup, that break killed us for some reason... I am excited for play off hockey but we don't have it in us this year it seems.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Being a Blues fan, I have to say the Blues. But our playoff efforts have not been good the last couple years, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a choke job.

AbeFroman

Big Gulps, huh?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ducks! without a doubt
I have them as my pick for the SCF, but I think if Boston faces them then Boston wins it. Everyone has been overlooking the Ducks this season.

Gotta go with the Hawks (if Toews and Kane are healthy)
Which I'd hazard a guess that they won't be when the playoffs roll around even though they'll be playing. I think they get to the 2nd round but past that it'll be doubtful.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have them as my pick for the SCF, but I think if Boston faces them then Boston wins it. Everyone has been overlooking the Ducks this season.
interesting call, I think its a toss up if we go against the bruins to be honest but I am biased :). I agree the have been underrated but rightfully so after last year. I was a ducks fun for over a decade before they won the cup I would love to see selanne get one more with them before he retires.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Been a diehard Hawks fan for 4+ decades, so that is who I will be rooting for. But I would not be shocked at all to see a Boston - St. Louis Stanley Cup Final. If that happens, I will be rooting for the Bruins.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would really really like to see the Sharks finally make it to the SCF after 20 years of watching them but they need to get everyone healthy to have a chance. From what I've seen lately Boston looks like the team to beat overall. The West is just going to kill each other in the first few rounds and not have much left by the end imo.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been a diehard Hawks fan for 4+ decades, so that is who I will be rooting for. But I would not be shocked at all to see a Boston - St. Louis Stanley Cup Final. If that happens, I will be rooting for the Bruins.
I will be shocked if the Cup doesn't come out of the West. I think Boston has to be the East favorite by a landslide. And as much as I want to think the Hawks will repeat, I just don't think its in the cards. I'm calling Blues v Boston.... and that is my worst nightmare. If the Hawks can find a way to come out of the 1st round against Colorado, then all bets are off though.

Icehog, I don't mind the recent hawks fans, considering how little exposure was allowed under the previous owner... but it still amazes me how few people understand the Blues v Hawks rivalry. When i was little, it was the Blues i despised... as the Red Wings were coming out of the Dead Wing era. CuJo, Scott Stevens, Tony Twist, Brett Hull, etc. My only joy has been their lack of playoff success. But this Blues
team is deep.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow. There's some crazy predictions going on in here. It's a shame you're all wrong. Lord Stanley will be living in Detroit this year.