What's new

Stanley Cup Predictions

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Not going to disagree with you, but the Mets have never had a franchise player. Im glad they did even though his numbers have fallen off since Citi Field. It's a pitchers park and need hitters like D Murphy that can hit gap to gap. It will be interesting to see how they shape up with good starting pitching in the next few years, but they need bullpen help, speed and clutch hitting to go with to have a chance.

Sorry for the MLB thread jack... Good job Kings!

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Hockey > Baseball.

Congrats to the Kings and their 14 fans. :blob:
Lol when a champion(twice recently) has 14 fans I think you contradict your statement about > baseball :)
Not when you live in Chicago and it is the Blackhawks and the Cubs. ;)
Still doesn't matter. Lol the Kings won. This year they are the Champions. Maybe (Not) Chicago can be the champions next year. Lol. Don't be mad because your team didn't win.

Oh and when was the last time the Cubs won the World Series. Just saying it's been over 100 years.. Lol. 1907 and 1908 to be exact. I dislike the Dodgers, so don't bring that one up. But at least they've won it six times since 1955. Lol

Btw, this series between LA and he Rangers surpassed all other series in TV viewership, so maybe it was a good thing to have these two markets. I did have to laugh when I heard news reporters say LA was building a dynasty. True hockey dynasties have been the Habs (24 times they won the cup) , and the Maple Leafs. The RedWings, the Islanders and the Oilers had short term ones winning several times in a row over a 10 year period. Twice in 3 years doesn't. And those are the only two wins in franchise history.

Gotta love Bruin, Blackhawk, Red Wing, Flyer fan loyalty though. They do love their hockey. We all love our teams.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Hockey > Baseball.

Congrats to the Kings and their 14 fans. :blob:
Lol when a champion(twice recently) has 14 fans I think you contradict your statement about > baseball :)
Not when you live in Chicago and it is the Blackhawks and the Cubs. ;)
Still doesn't matter. Lol the Kings won. This year they are the Champions. Maybe (Not) Chicago can be the champions next year. Lol. Don't be mad because your team didn't win.

Oh and when was the last time the Cubs won the World Series. Just saying it's been over 100 years.. Lol. 1907 and 1908 to be exact. I dislike the Dodgers, so don't bring that one up. But at least they've won it six times since 1955. Lol

Btw, this series between LA and he Rangers surpassed all other series in TV viewership, so maybe it was a good thing to have these two markets. I did have to laugh when I heard news reporters say LA was building a dynasty. True hockey dynasties have been the Habs (24 times they won the cup) , and the Maple Leafs. The RedWings, the Islanders and the Oilers had short term ones winning several times in a row over a 10 year period. Twice in 3 years doesn't. And those are the only two wins in franchise history.

Gotta love Bruin, Blackhawk, Red Wing, Flyer fan loyalty though. They do love their hockey. We all love our teams.
I'm absolutely disappointed the my team didn't win, the Hawks were one bounce away in overtime of Game 7 of advancing to play NY. I said congrats to the Kings fans, don't know where you are thinking I am mad. I try to stay somewhat classy in defeat, unlike, say, a Drew Doughty type. :peace:

No need to sympathize with me regarding baseball...I'm actually a Detroit Tigers fan. :peckkiss:

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I must say that the post season hockey on all fronts was damn entertaining this year. I knew the Kings had it but I couldnt lose faith in my team. Maybe next year we can actually win it!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0