What's new

Stanley cup run!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey @tadpole are you concerned about the Ducks series at all? Being they are so far west and play practically in the middle of the night I haven't seen much of them.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
@RacFocus - don't you find it crazy that our teams are considered WESTERN conference? I hate these super late games!

The ducks are legit. They proved it with the 109 points earned this year...and it showed in the first two rounds, losing only one game in the playoffs. The hawks won 2 of the 3 games this year, but that was regular season.

You gotta have a goalie that gets got at the right time... Except the hawks. Teams are built from the goalie outward. The hawks are built from the blue line. This makes the goalie almost (but not quite) interchangeable. Good thing we have a backup goalie that is playoff tested.

Ducks are bigger...but hawks appear to be more skilled, faster, and have a much, much deeper roster.

Am I concerned? Yes. Hockey is a game where a goal scored within the first 10 seconds of the game is the game winner.

And... It IS the playoffs, so who wouldn't be concerned?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Painful to sit in my firehouse tonight and be surrounded by Rags fans and the bandwagoneers who think they know wtf they're talking about. Then getting it rubbed in my face about how far along they are now. Yes, I'm an Islanders fan and damn proud of it. The worst part is they still care about rubbing it in the faces of teams who didn't make the cut or got eliminated in the previous rounds instead of saying, damn we got at least 14 more games to go.......

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Capitals Rangers will have been the best series...EC and WC and even SC finals will not touch this series. Two best teams, just sucks they had to meet so early and beat each other up. Annoyed that every Freaking Washington team chokes. It's a freaking curse...worse than Boston. Yesterday, the United and the Nationals win, but the two teams that needed to win, choke it up. Disgrace. PS if Mike Green is still on this damn team next year I will not be attending any game. He single handley lost us the game. Most overrated defenseman in the league. At least Ovie and Holtby showed up...Backstrom was non-existent.

It's absolutely depressing to be a DC sports fan...barely wanted to get out of bed this morning.

/end rant

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Capitals Rangers will have been the best series...EC and WC and even SC finals will not touch this series. Two best teams, just sucks they had to meet so early and beat each other up. Annoyed that every Freaking Washington team chokes. It's a freaking curse...worse than Boston. Yesterday, the United and the Nationals win, but the two teams that needed to win, choke it up. Disgrace. PS if Mike Green is still on this damn team next year I will not be attending any game. He single handley lost us the game. Most overrated defenseman in the league. At least Ovie and Holtby showed up...Backstrom was non-existent.

It's absolutely depressing to be a DC sports fan...barely wanted to get out of bed this morning.

/end rant
Ha! Very similar to a rant I made on another forum. You and I are in total agreement.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

/end rant
now you know how blues fans feel lol

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
blame the playoff format. thats what happens when you have four #1 seeds, and you do anything other than 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5.
same thing happened in the NBA. the spurs exited in the first round vs the clippers. that matchup should not have been in the first round.

that said, you play your opponent. would you have been any happier if that same match up and same result happened in the ECF?

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
blame the playoff format. thats what happens when you have four #1 seeds, and you do anything other than 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5.
same thing happened in the NBA. the spurs exited in the first round vs the clippers. that matchup should not have been in the first round.

that said, you play your opponent. would you have been any happier if that same match up and same result happened in the ECF?
Would have been happier if it was any other team besides the Rangers. Listen, the CAPS blew it - I know it. They are a losing franchise. Fine with the playoff format, just stating that was and will be the best series in the playoffs.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
At least you have had a Super bowl winning team in the last 20 years and you have won TWO world series in the past 10 years....DC is cursed.
my personal interactions with the rams were pretty cool. I did some toys for tot events with them and the cheerleaders. Also took cars up to them when I was in sales. Extremely nice guys ill support them all the way! Now baseball on the other hand boring as he'll...