What's new

Stash

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had an affection for things Nat Sherman since the 1960s when my mom smoked Nat Sherman Ovals; and in recent years I've enjoyed their Epoca and Timeless cigars.
Those Nat Sherman Panamericana Epicure & Cervantes (not the Timeless) from 2014-2015 are fantastic as well! Timeless line overall though I agree B, muy bueno!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Some of these French DAC wrappers are smooth and thin. Others are crinkly and veiny.
Oddly, the veiniest ones are narrower.

I'm about out of the French DAC. Only bought a quarter lb to try them out; then used up a lot of them hunting for a blend.
So I'll switch to the Ugandan next to complete a 74 stash.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A box of 74s went into long-term stash today:

12 with French Dark Air Cured wrapper:
2 1/2 T-13 viso, bound in T-13 viso, wrapped in French DAC

21 with Ugandan DAC wrap:
2 T-13 viso and 1/2 Condega seco, bound in Los Rios wrap, wrapped in Ugandan DAC

I have high hopes for these. I have sealed the box to encourage myself not to open until birthday next year

With this addition, my spreadsheet tells me I now have 1007 gars in long term storage. But if I dive back in and re-inventory everything & throw some old beginner blends away, I feel confident that I can correct the count to under a kilogar... which is progress. Have been unloading gars onto a new neighbor.

In the words of my fave 911 hero: "Let's roll!"

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A box of 74s went into long-term stash today:
View attachment 174206

12 with French Dark Air Cured wrapper:
2 1/2 T-13 viso, bound in T-13 viso, wrapped in French DAC

21 with Ugandan DAC wrap:
2 T-13 viso and 1/2 Condega seco, bound in Los Rios wrap, wrapped in Ugandan DAC
View attachment 174207

I have high hopes for these. I have sealed the box to encourage myself not to open until birthday next year

With this addition, my spreadsheet tells me I now have 1007 gars in long term storage. But if I dive back in and re-inventory everything & throw some old beginner blends away, I feel confident that I can correct the count to under a kilogar... which is progress. Have been unloading gars onto a new neighbor.

In the words of my fave 911 hero: "Let's roll!"
It seems like ultimately you are giving these three wrappers the thumbs-up? Should I give them a try?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It seems like ultimately you are giving these three wrappers the thumbs-up? Should I give them a try?

I liked the subtle flavor of the French DAC best... but they are hard to work with
I liked the flavor of the Ugandan well enough ... but they are mighty inconsistent
The Brazilian Foiano was just not my thing.

I'm glad I tried them, for no more than what it cost for a quarter pound.
In fact, just for shitzngiggles, I put in an order just now for a 1/4 lb each of the Nic Rosada (sic) wrap and the Ec Habano wrap. I like a rosy appearance, and, for years now, I've been looking for a habano willing to burn.

n.b.: They list two grades of the Ec Hab wrap: LS & HS. I phoned. Guy I talked to said LS in their jargon stands for "lower on the stalk", while the HS stands for "higher on the stalk", so the HS is apt to be thinner texture, while the LS is apt to be closer to a mud lug.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My birthday roll stashed last year included two types. I don't know why; perhaps I ran out of the ingredients for one, so started another. At any rate, I laid away #73 with black numerals like so:

• 3 T-13 viso & 1/2 Esteli seco
  • Bronceado wrapper as binder
  • WLT Criollo 98 wrapper
These came out very fine. I'm enjoying the hell out of them.
But #73 with red numerals came out a mottled mystery:
  • a dark mystery wrapper as binder
  • Ecuador corona wrapper
Lookee what happened to them:

They came out all mottled. In some cases, the gars are pretty black. Yet, they were all aged in the same box together with the black labels. They taste horrible. I'm sure I wouldn't have stashed them if they'd looked and tasted like that. Here is a link to the Ec Corona wrap from WLT. The msytery dark wrapper used as binder is something I have used elsewhere. And the guts between the two are the same. All are delicados. All rolled last year in July.

No explanation.
The fact they all aged in the same box is baffling.
They're also hard as little billy clubs.

These red label 73s are going in the trash.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My birthday roll stashed last year included two types. I don't know why; perhaps I ran out of the ingredients for one, so started another. At any rate, I laid away #73 with black numerals like so:

• Bronceado wrapper as binder
  • WLT Criollo 98 wrapper
These came out very fine. I'm enjoying the hell out of them.
But #73 with red numerals came out a mottled mystery:
  • a dark mystery wrapper as binder
  • Ecuador corona wrapper
Lookee what happened to them:
View attachment 174259

They came out all mottled. In some cases, the gars are pretty black. Yet, they were all aged in the same box together with the black labels. They taste horrible. I'm sure I wouldn't have stashed them if they'd looked and tasted like that. Here is a link to the Ec Corona wrap from WLT. The msytery dark wrapper used as binder is something I have used elsewhere. And the guts between the two are the same. All are delicados. All rolled last year in July.

No explanation.
The fact they all aged in the same box is baffling.
They're also hard as little billy clubs.

These red label 73s are going in the trash.
Bummer! 74 was a good year, perhaps it'll be a better stash!