1 tsp honey
dash of hot sauce
1 garlic clove minced
salt & pepper

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Cripes, I don't marinade steak at all...I just sprinkle a tiny bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powerdr on it before I wave it near the grill for a few seconds.

Mmm....cow!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I will never marinate a fine rib eye, sirloin, porterhouse or tendeloin steaks. Just salt and pepper and finish with butter.

However, I have found that flank steaks are best suited for marinades, especially teriyaki-style.

Also, I like to use a carne asada marinade (lime, salt, pepper, fresh garlic, white wine) for skirt steaks.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hmm...good point. I never buy those other cuts of meat, but if I were, I'd probably marinate them. I certainly wouldn't "cook" (and I use that term loosely) those cuts the same as I do my typical tendeloins and ribeyes.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Speaking of BBQ, I think I am getting a smoker this spring
I have an old one that you put the pan under and it heats on a coil. I have put 100's of pounds of meat and fish throught that baby. Even did a couple of turkeys.

The new ones at Cabelas have a separate smoking unit that pumps smoke into the chamber. Much better concept. I think the wind is going to blow the old one down the street today. :stretchgr