What's new

Strength vs flavor

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Nah, his name is ment to be ironic like calling a big dude tiny. I mean for gods sake the man loves his 5 vegas As :)
No one in his right mind likes 5 Vegas. :)

You never know with these hipsters and their "ironic" everythings.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
So, being new to the hobby I'm wondering if all medium or full cigars are stronger in both flavor and nicotine, or can you get a full flavored stick that doesn't knock your socks off at the same time? I'm finding that I like a lot of the more complex flavorful Nicaraguan cigars but yesterday I had a CH imperiosa and was practically stuck to my chair....do the two go hand in hand, or can I find those flavors without needing a walker to get back in the house?
Try out an Illusione Fume de amore, it has no ligero (strong nicotine) in the cigar, but loads of flavor. I know @ChuckMejia smokes these b/c he cant handle nicotine at all.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Try out an Illusione Fume de amore, it has no ligero (strong nicotine) in the cigar, but loads of flavor. I know @ChuckMejia smokes these b/c he cant handle nicotine at all.
I smoke cigars for good flavors. Not to catch a buzz.

If I want a buzz I'll drink Rum and comes.

Some people are weird and just enjoy a nico buzz followed by headaches. Not me.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
As somebody who hates nicotine strength, but likes good flavor, this was my constant struggle with the cigar world.

CCs are typically a better selection. However, if you're looking for NC options:
-Cameroon cigars often have a lot more flavor than credited for. AF Hemingway and Don Carlos are good starting points.
-Brazilian maduros. AFAIK, these are typically "cheaper" cigars and, as such, aren't blended with lots of ligero. I smoke the Final Blend toros often. They're super cheap and are a great, mild, chocolate flavor throughout. It's a one trick pony.
-Illuisione Epernay. Enough said.
-Lighter habanos. Unfortunately, this takes some experimentation to find which blends are not as strong. I still put the Elogio Habano Corona Extra as one of my favorite smokes of all time. Tat red labels apply as well.
-Padron Anniversary sticks tend to be reasonable for me. Obviously, the Natural versions are safely in the weaker end of the spectrum.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
As somebody who hates nicotine strength, but likes good flavor, this was my constant struggle with the cigar world.

CCs are typically a better selection. However, if you're looking for NC options:
-Cameroon cigars often have a lot more flavor than credited for. AF Hemingway and Don Carlos are good starting points.
-Brazilian maduros. AFAIK, these are typically "cheaper" cigars and, as such, aren't blended with lots of ligero. I smoke the Final Blend toros often. They're super cheap and are a great, mild, chocolate flavor throughout. It's a one trick pony.
-Illuisione Epernay. Enough said.
-Lighter habanos. Unfortunately, this takes some experimentation to find which blends are not as strong. I still put the Elogio Habano Corona Extra as one of my favorite smokes of all time. Tat red labels apply as well.
-Padron Anniversary sticks tend to be reasonable for me. Obviously, the Natural versions are safely in the weaker end of the spectrum.
Solid advice here

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful question. I think the cigars that offer a ton of flavor without a lot of kick are the Diamond Crown Julius Caesar, Ashton classic Maduro, Warped Maestro Del Tiempo, Tatuaje Negociant Monopole, La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, Esteban Carreras Bronze Cross and the Fuente Short Story Maduro.
It’s a bit hard to say since everyone’s tolerance is different but just a few cigars off the top of my head. I’m fairly certain these should be mellow enough but still pack a ton of good flavor.