What's new

Strongest Cigars

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Does the lancero vitola pack an extra punch with the DPG Blue?

I've had several of the toro's and while they're certainly not mild, I don't find them to be a powerhouse.
def. has a bit of an extra punch to it! I mostly smoke strong/full cigars, and this was a step above!
The toro is nowhere near as strong as the lance in my eyes.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
There really is a "keeping up with Joneses" vibe to this sort of trend.

Yeah and I'm really not that fond of it.

I've smoked a few cigars that were entirely just strength, with no complexity or depth of flavour.

I, myself, do not see the attraction to this.

I want a cigar that tastes great and burns well. I don't care if it's a mild connecticut, or a full bodied maduro-ligero.

Give me flavour, please.

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This name looks familiar...*snicker*

I agree on the Cain. Not strong despite the labeling . The original Edges were ass kickers for me.

Currently:
PROPIO Veneno Ultra Ligero
ACC Private Reserve Gordo - I had to be carried down the stairs
Don Cervantes Tres Maduro - but the age softens the pallet

What I thought would be strong but was not was a Cain Straight Ligero. I felt nothing.

I used to smoked a lot of VSG and Opus for strength. I have some that are more than 10 years old now and they are really mild. Either my taste got stronger or, more likely they mellowed with age.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
The 2 most vivid memories of a cigar kicking my ass were an OR T110 on the golf course and a 2006 Opus Love Affair.

My box of OR T110 came in right as I was leaving for a round of golf. I cracked the box and grabbed a cigar and left the office. We teed off around 11:00 AM and I had not eaten before we left. I lit the T110 up on the 11th hole and by the time I got to the 14th hole I was starting to sweat and got woosy.

The Love Affair got me when I was out in Virginia Beach hanging with Crypto Sailor and dlavallee. I showed up late with a hangover and chain smoked a La Flor Dominicana Ligero L-250 then a DPG Blue Label Preferidos. Took a break for a minute then lit the Love Affair and got the spins halfway through!

**** Another noteworthy cigar is the Pork Tenderloin ROTT, had the pleasure of smoking them with Brian and Dan(see above) and all 3 of us kind of looked at each other 15 minutes in and said "Damn!!"......

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
There are a number of sticks here I haven't tried yet and must ... love Extra Full cigars!

Everyone talks about the T110 being strong rott, but let me just say that they have not mellowed down to a regular Full stick yet, not to me, I had one last week (evening, some food in the tummy) and my head was pleasantly swimming at the last inch. These are also MORE flavorful now than they were early on, to my palate at least. I should note that this was the 2nd banded release).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ramon Allones Belicosos RE Germany 2010 completely kicks my ass (and leaves yellow stains on my ashtray). It's one strong little mofo.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LHN Antano 1970
LHN Antano Dark Corojo

These two cigars are in a nicotine class all their own.

Honorable mention:

LFD Double Ligero Chisel
LFD Air Bender
Oliva Serie V
Cain F Habano
San Cristobal
DPG Blue Label

As long as I've eaten, I can smoke any of these cigars.

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
LFD Corona Habano, hands down strongest. Only cigar to ever make me woozy
Not sure if it is the strongest I have ever had but I have a box of these and each one has got me in the last couple inches. To me, the flavors are at their peak during the last third so it is always quite a battle to finnish these. Worth it though.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
In no apparent order!

LFD DL
Antano Dark Corojo Double Fuente
Camacho Triple Maduro
Diesel Unholy cocktail
casa magna