What's new

Stuff you've dropped your cigar in

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up this wonderful hobby about three years ago, and I still don't have the best palate. I have trouble picking out flavors unless they're hitting me over the head. Well tonight, I found the best way to pick out grassy flavors in a cigar. I set my cigar on the ground while I was emptying the mower bag and accidentally dumped the bag on my cigar. It took a little digging and cursing to find it, but luckily I found it. It's a good thing it was only a Gurkha, or I would have been really upset.

What has everyone else accidentally dumped a cigar into?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have dumped several cigars inside my golf bag during a round. My playing partners just shake their heads, while I dump all my clubs on the ground, turn my bag upside down and shake it until the cigar falls to the ground. Then I just dust it off and keep on playing. Must have happened 4 or 5 times to me.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've dropped them in a rain puddle, and frequently drop them on the patio either due to the wind or inebriation or both. I've noticed that when one gets dropped and it blows part of the cherry off, they taste like crap afterwards where or not you have to relight or not. Anyone else experience this?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've dropped a few in what I call, "French fry purgatory" (in between the drivers seat and console area). Very bad place to drop anything on fire.
I have a cigar bobkin ashtray that hangs on the door so mine generally fall on the other side of the driver's seat. The carpet between the seat and the door looks like a mini minefield now because of the burn craters. I also have a nice burn hole in the middle of my seat from the the time I dropped one into my lap. Thankfully I had my jeans on or the boys would have been in serious danger.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I keep a spit pot (plant pot repurposed as spittoon) next to my chair when I smoke on the patio. Unfortunately I have lost a couple sticks to this fate. Set cigar down, bump it, and goodbye. If it just ends up on the ground no harm done.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Usually its just a matter of it rolling off the side of the grill tray or bench at work. But since I got a cigar clip that does not happen very often any more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't remember a time when I've dropped a lit cigar. I've set it on the edge of a desk or table or something for a sec and had it roll off more than a few times.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
well, just as it happened, the president and the vice-president of the college walked in and they saw the whole thing, they dang near rolled on the floor laughing at me, they said the look on my face was priceless.... I sure miss those guys, they were the best....

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
No comparison so some of your adventures but mine is usually on the patio or into my ashtray. Haven't lost one yet.
I did have one time recently where a gust of wind took it off the edge of my ashtray (it's a stinky) and blew if off may patio only to have a crow fly down and take off with it. Still makes me shake my head and laugh.