What's new

Summer 2016 Ultimate HERF - Cabo San Lucas!!!!! Who's in???

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Here's some pics that I have, along with pics of some of the sticks that I smoked and purchased at LCDH Hemingways.

Wife and I arriving last Tuesday.

Marina downtown, and where we ate dinner every night.

One of the best fresh seafood restaurants in Cabo, and featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The fresh sea bass and yellow tail were phenomenal.

View from my balcony.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0

First purchase at LCDH Hemingways that included CCE, 06 Trini Robo Extra 3pk, 06 RyJ Ex 4, 06 PSD4, and BHK 52 box.

Pica with chuckie at the roof top terrace.

Sig III thanks to Chuck

98 CoLa. Bought a fiver from the owners personal stash at the LCDH.

06 Trini Robo Extra while listening to live music downtown at Cabo Blue

06 PSD4

06 RyJ Ex 4. Also went back and got a fiver of 05 Ex 4 from a cab at the LCDH

SP non plus last night with a CC&7

Bought 2 bottles of Havana Club 7 year to drink while we were there, and brought 3 bottles back with me. Note to self, don't listen to a travel rookie about what type of alcohol is sold at the duty free shops in the airport

Pastor tacos from the street. They were damn good!!

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Looks like you guys had a blast, Aaron!
My wife and I had a great time!!! Even better was the fact that all of the dinner restaurants at the Riu Palace sucked, so we ate in town every single night. I say it was better because we got to enjoy some AWESOME food at a few different restuarants at the marina each evening, and the prices were great. Fresh lobster tails, sea bass (at two different restaurants, both phenomenal), yellow tail, Cajun shrimp, fried jumbo shrimp, fajitas, pastor tacos, etc. We didn't have one single restaurant that we won't be visiting again on future trips to Cabo. Recap of the resort: The Riu was a clean and nice resort. The drinks were mediocre, the beds were rocks, and as stated earlier, dinner sucked (we only ate dinner at the resort twice, and heard about how horrible the others were from the group). Breakfast was good, as it's pretty hard to screw up making eggs, toast, waffles, fruit, etc. The lunch buffet was good when they did the street style carnitas tacos and grilled chicken breast. The pizza was edible, the burgers decent, and a few other things. Nothing was great at lunch, but was edible. We won't ever stay there again, but nontheless, we still had a blast!!! Wife and I even went and looked at a couple model homes/condos. I'll let chuck and Doug post their reviews/experiences and photos when they get time.

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'll post pics today, been busy getting ready for the beach vacation coming up!

But Aaron is right, great resort. But the all inclusive stuff was junk. We ate there just because we didn't want to spend money.

The town is nice, but there is no culture. It feels as if u never left the states in some areas.

Riu drinks are terrible.

But we had a good time

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I can say the food at this resort was much better than the previous al inclusive I've stayed at. That said. I'll be avoiding all inclusives for a while.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Obviously, my wife and I love it in Cabo. We are headed back in late September, early October for my bday present from my wife!! On the agenda this trip, looking at a house/condo, fishing, and checking on costs to slip a boat at the marina. Retirement will be here shortly and it's about time to pull the trigger on our retirement vacation home!