What's new

** Surgery Update **

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well after taking this medication and that medication for the last 25 years I'm finally going to get something done about my sleepless nights!

I gotta be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:15AM for surgery at 7:15AM. The Doc told me the surgery should take between 3-3 1/2 hours. I could end up staying in the hospital anywhere from a day to 2 days, depending on how it goes.

The surgical procedure is called Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication & Flexable Scope. I have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and need to have a Hiatal Hernia with Barrett's Esophageal repaired.

The downside, if you want to call it that, is that I won't be able to eat anything solid for the next 2-3 weeks while everything is healing....no smoking or alcohol either....but it's a small price to pay to finally be rid of the pain and discomfort.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Good luck tomorrow going under the knife. You will lose some weight not that you would need it. The first cigar and drink will be a pleasure.

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Prayers sent for a flawless procedure and speedy recovery! Enjoy the sponge baths my friend!