What's new

Sushi

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
My girl friend snapped this pic last night w/ her phone, she was grossed out by the quail egg on top/ Of course a couple pieces of spicy tune in the back..

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've been to a place in Portland, OR (can't remember the name) a couple times that is incredible. When you walk in there is a big oval bar. There is a train that goes around the bar constantly. In the middle are sushi chefs that have to duck under the bar to get in and out. The chefs make sushi, plate it on a colored plate (diff colors represent diff prices), and put it on the train. If you want it, you take it. At the end the waitress tally's up your total plates. The quality was A+ and the atmosphere was even better.

This is how they do it in Japan! Now that would be an experience to go to the Tokyo fish market!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I do like most sushi / sashimi dishes, but eat it very infrequently of late due to the cost.

I also enjoy the beautiful serving "trays" ... :halfgrinw

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I love sushi in general, but I don't know if I would have the stomache for Michael's 'weird stuff'...
Don't feel too bad, my wife won't even watch me eat sushi. The first time she went to sushi with me was the last.

Oh well, I guess if you will eat Rocky Mountain Oysters, you will eat about anything.

:rofl:

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I like sushi when it is rice with what ever else. I an not to big of a fan of seaweed but enjoy the taste of good stuff when I have had it. I have only tried it 3 times now.

I did love the blowfish when I was in DC my senior year. That was a meal to remember!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sashimi is my favorite. One of my best friends is Korean and he cuts the sashimi in half with the chopsticks. Blows my mind every time :rofl:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love sushi, been eating it for 39 years! Gawd I am old!

Anyway, got my daughter hooked on it, and then my wife. Needless to say sushi/sashimi/handrolls/etc. is expensive and I could eat it 24/7.:ccool:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Going home to Orlando for the weekend... My family has a restaurant with sushi, which for the past 2 years I've had to make my own because mother is too lazy to do it for me =D... Anyways I make this awesome roll which I haven't come up with a name yet, but it's got smoked salmon, white fish, salmon, tuna, red snapper, masago and LOTS of our special hot sauce and spicy mayo...I'll have to take a picture this weekend and post it =D

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Going home to Orlando for the weekend... My family has a restaurant with sushi, which for the past 2 years I've had to make my own because mother is too lazy to do it for me =D... Anyways I make this awesome roll which I haven't come up with a name yet, but it's got smoked salmon, white fish, salmon, tuna, red snapper, masago and LOTS of our special hot sauce and spicy mayo...I'll have to take a picture this weekend and post it =D
That sounds good!