What's new

sweeeeet corn

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Yup...there's something about grilling it that melds the sweetness and smokiness together in perfect harmony. Topped with a little butter, perhaps a few dashes of Tony Chachere's (because I put that on everything, we call it Cajun Crack) and you are set for a great meal.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Not to threadjack, but.... For the first time in many years I planted a couple of tomato plants. After several months we are now enjoying the fruit. I had truely forgotten how absolutley AMAZING true vine ripened tomatos taste. There is nothing, and I mean nothing in the grocery store that can compare. The intense flavor just explodes in your mouth. :drool:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Not to threadjack, but.... For the first time in many years I planted a couple of tomato plants. After several months we are now enjoying the fruit. I had truely forgotten how absolutley AMAZING true vine ripened tomatos taste. There is nothing, and I mean nothing in the grocery store that can compare. The intense flavor just explodes in your mouth. :drool:
so do you do the topsy turvy, or do you have your own personal "hoe"?

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I love corn on the cob cooked over charcoals can't get enough of it sadly the season's ending here so getting the shit variety now.
My neighbor is Romanian and they husk their corn and place the kernels right on the coals in the fire, brush off the coals, and eat. It's pretty damn good.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
One big plus about CA is the produce. It's all fresh and good here, best food anywhere. The corn here is awesome, ate soem out of my garden last night.

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
How about a spicy garlic butter for your sweet corn?

2 softened sticks of butter
6 peeled garlic cloves
1/4 of a habenero (or a whole jalapeno)
2 tablespoons of rough chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste

toss it all in a food processor until smooth, scrape it into a container then toss it in the fridge so it's ready when you want it.

Add a little zing with some fresh squeezed lime and ta-daa... you'll spend the whole night trying to convince your friends that you are NOT Martha Stewart.

-Mike
mmmmmmmm sounds great... but make that 1 whole Habenero and it is perfect

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Had a few ears last week, 4 ears for 2 bucks at the local supermarket. Boiled em though. Thing with boiling them is not to boil too long or the sugars turn to starch making them taste like gack! Would have loved to grill them but since it hasn't stopped raining on LI since May I might never see the grill again!

Last edited:

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In July i'll be most definitively enjoying some sweet corn during my stay at my family's house in NY. Can't wait, i really can't. I just wanna sleep in the pool and stay there, and see if i can have a couple of cigars from my uncle.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
In July i'll be most definitively enjoying some sweet corn during my stay at my family's house in NY. Can't wait, i really can't. I just wanna sleep in the pool and stay there, and see if i can have a couple of cigars from my uncle.
Cigars in the pool, that never seems to work for me. Maybe it's because I can't swim, all of the flailing about to try and stay alive always gets my stoagie wet.

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have spent many a July/August evening when it is 102 degrees at 10:00pm sitting on the steps in the pool smoking a 'gar! :grin:

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cigars in the pool, that never seems to work for me. Maybe it's because I can't swim, all of the flailing about to try and stay alive always gets my stoagie wet.
At first it happened to me but then i got the hang of it. You have to stay in a small area from the pool and just be in it half way. If you wanna swim, swim, but then dry your face and hands if you want to take another puff.

I have spent many a July/August evening when it is 102 degrees at 10:00pm sitting on the steps in the pool smoking a 'gar! :grin:
It's the best. It's my ideal vacation.