What's new

T52 Vs. #9...Which is stronger?

Generally speaking, which is stronger...The T52 or the #9?

• T52

Votes: 54 79.4%

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
My impressions:

T52 - Much more Spicey, Brighter and Stronger than the LP#9.

LP#9 - Rounder than T52, with a bold Nicaraguan Earth core.

JD4 - Combination of T52 and LP#9, but stepped up a notch in strength, like a jacked up Rat.

Best,
JD
I bought a box last week and I stated somewhere I have smoked 5 so far. I know, i can't keep my hands off since being at your factory. I must admit that this is my favorite smoke right now. However out of these 5, 2 have been different, almost unsmokeable. I can tell when I pick them up that:

1. they are either more wet.
2. They are rolled tighter
3. I just don't know

They are all from the same box (I guess) and stored together. I don't know if some are fresher. From what I saw in Nic, i would not think this the case with mixing of batches. But still the best and they one I'd pick over the #9, or the JD4 (have not tire the new FP).

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
#9 was one of my favorite smokes for a while, up until it became difficult to locate them at the local Brick and Mortar shops. The T-52 was the perfect smoke to go along with a steak. I really enjoyed the Dirty Rat I got my hands on, and look forward to the "beefed up" JD4 version. This whole line really changed my thoughts of Drew Estates.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I bought a box last week and I stated somewhere I have smoked 5 so far. I know, i can't keep my hands off since being at your factory. I must admit that this is my favorite smoke right now. However out of these 5, 2 have been different, almost unsmokeable. I can tell when I pick them up that:

1. they are either more wet.
2. They are rolled tighter
3. I just don't know

They are all form the same box and stored together. I don't know if some are fresher. From what I saw in Nic, i would not think this the case with mixing of batches. But still the best and they one I'd pick over the #9, or the JD4 (have not tire the new FP).
This is my issue as well, which really bothers me because I love the cigar when it's "on"

They're just too inconsistent, I have no idea why. Some burn great and taste amazing and others are on a completely different side of the spectrum. And I thought I was the only one who felt this way... The Robo's mainly. Every Toro I'd have, whether is be the #9 or T52, have been great.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Liga Robustos have never been the best burn, especially compared to the 6x52 and other sizes. Perplexing, but even still, they are the best sellers in the Liga line. We have worked hard to get the Robustos perfect and we have come a long way. Due to this post, on my next trip to Nica I will try to look deeper into the issue. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Best,
JD

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Went digging into my humidor a little while ago and discovered a Flying Pig....going to set that one back and forget about it again for a while.

JD- smokes are great. I haven't explored all of the T-52 line, just the robusto, so I'm looking forward into trying it all. Curious to see what the issue is in that one particular size.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm a big believer that cigars are a lot like wine. They go with certain foods, and the T-52 is a steak cigar if I've ever smoked one. The thing that gets me about both the #9 and T-52 is that these are regular production cigars. There are companies through this entire world that can't even make a special release this good.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
i like jacked up rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess you've never seen the rats in NYC when the trash is curbed on the late night :rolling:

The T52 is full of punch and I give it the nod in this poll. I have about 15 Toros and Robos that I put down to take a long nap. I think this stick will mellow out great over time.

My favorite JD is the #9 Flying Pig. I love the Dirty Rat for the size. Truth be told, I love Liga Privada.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I love both. If put to it, I'd rank them:

#9 Flying Pig
T-52 Toro
Dirty Rat
#9 Toro

I haven't had the new T52 sizes or the FP, obviously. I'm going to smoke a Double Corona this week though, woohoo!

I'll also say that both benefit from some rest, and that the #9 is a clean palate smoke for me personally. Not only 1st cigar of the day, but preferably in the morning or early afternoon.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'll also say that both benefit from some rest, and that the #9 is a clean palate smoke for me personally. Not only 1st cigar of the day, but preferably in the morning or early afternoon.

Oh man, I can't imagine how you could smoke a cigar this powerful first thing in the morning.

I'm still finding that once in a while a full strength cigar gives me a solid kick in the pants even after a big meal.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Bro, now you got me hungry for both. Did you try that jolokia pepper yet? :skew:
Dude, don't laugh, I almost DONE with all of them. Other than breakfast, they are a staple. It's like "smoke'm if ya got'em!"

I cried.......tears of joy!

I made a paste of that and some garlic and rubbed it over dark meat chicken.

Then sauteed some asparagus with what was left over.

I cleansed the palate with a little gorgonzola. :) :lookaroun

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love both. If put to it, I'd rank them:

#9 Flying Pig
T-52 Toro
Dirty Rat
#9 Toro

I haven't had the new T52 sizes or the FP, obviously. I'm going to smoke a Double Corona this week though, woohoo!

njstone,

I haven't smoked a flying pig yet. What makes them better than the normal sizes? Are the flavors that more pronounced? Is the strength increased due to the size?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
njstone,

I haven't smoked a flying pig yet. What makes them better than the normal sizes? Are the flavors that more pronounced? Is the strength increased due to the size?
For me, I think it did have something to do with the size and stellar construction. The draw and burn were so perfect. I made a concious effort to puff no more than every minute so it would not get too hot and I was rewarded with big and complex flavors. The shape is no gimmick.

I have said this before, while the Nub (which I like enough) tries to achieve a cigar that is "all sweet spot," the "pig" has perfected it. My first LP was the #9 pig and I was speechless and relegated to non-verbal expression and effusive grunts. It was that good. :)

Ok, so I have had some of the LP Kool-aid, but it's GOOD Kool-aid! :crosseyed