What's new

Tampa Herf...tryin' again...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Jason,

If you do decide to hold a herf you better let me know about it.
Tobby4 said:
Me too...
OK, you folks asked for it. I'm always up for a herf with enough notice and I've tried to put one together in the past, but we simply haven't had enough members to make it happen. So here we go again. I'm thinking of sometime between October and early next year. Obviously when things will be a bit cooler here and Cold as hell up north (to encourage our northern bro's to skip on down here).

This can be as small (just the local bro's getting together at Famous or one of the restaurants with outside sitting) or as large (if people want to come down from up north) as we want to make it. I don't have the space at my house (Tampa has little postage stamp lots, not like Todd's big ass yard) to really do much, but there are plenty of cigar bars we can hit up, restaurants with outside seating, GOLF (duh!) and other activities to keep us busy. And with enough interest and advanced notice I can probably put together a decent poker game.

So, what say ye'? Who's interested and when?

Update: 9/5/07
Date is set. Weekend of the 19th (Friday) through the 21st (Sunday).

Definites:
Lord Oliver*
HeadBanger
Tubaman
Josh
aleam_38*
Boppa-Wasch

Those who have expressed an interest in coming during that time frame:

MangoMike*
Jrohrer
Fredneck
Caudio51
ATCDub
Tobby4
RonC
* = Local (Tampa/Orlando)

Cliff has expressed interest but doesn't think he can make it.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Oct/Nov is perfect timing for the area. The snowbirds are still packing and the kidlets are back in school. Maybe some golf thrown in for good measures.

Sounds like fun.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
the west coast has the sunshine and the girls all get so tan....

we won't be 'cold as hell,' but still might have to crash your party!!!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hey, all are welcome bro'. And you know if I get this set that the bourbon will be flowing. :thumbsup:

November and December are obvioulsy very difficult as you have Thanksgiving and Christmas to deal with, along with the associated costs. So October is probably the earliest that would make sense. Beyond that we would be looking at January or February of '08...

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
My wife is finishing her Doctorate in October and we're supposed to have a graduation party the weekend before Halloween. Probably not going to make this one.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Damnit Kevin. I'm starting to get a complex man! lol. Seriously though, nothing's set in stone yet. You couldn't make it any other time in Oct?