What's new

Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have Tapatalk on my phone, though I only use it on occasion. Mostly access BOTL from the computer. However... it appears as if Tapatalk is always setting all threads read. I haven't been on BOTL since Monday, however, today all threads show as read even with threads posted on today. Anyone running into this?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've noticed that I've missed a few posts because Tapatalk had already marked them as read. I'd say it happens 5% of the time.

It should be noted that I have a jailbroken iPhone, so my copy of Tapatalk and my phone's software aren't up to date. IMO, that is most likely the cause of my issue.

Do you have the most current versions of Tapatalk and your phone's software?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I had it on a Jailbroken iPhone as well... didn't have the issue on that phone unless I opened the Tapatalk app. Just picked up the Samsung Galaxy S3 and all is updated.... just noticed it today. I turned off the Notification settings for PMs and Sub'd threads to see if that does the trick. I'll know in a couple of days.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I use TapaTalk as a convenience thing (handlin biniss on the pot or such...) and have noticed that its not always spot on. I've just gotten use to the inconsistencies and figure if I want to get serious about posts on the forum, then Ill sit on the computer and handle up on what needs to be said.

This doesn't exactly help you, with the exception of acknowledging the issue, and accepting its limitations.

Regards,
-Chrisso

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I dont use tapatalk.. none of the other forum boards I frequent (un cigar related) seem to be set up for it...

I access BOTL pretty frequently through my iphone... and dont really have any problems just going to the website with safari...

what does tapatalk do for you guys that safari doesnt?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I dont use tapatalk.. none of the other forum boards I frequent (un cigar related) seem to be set up for it...

I access BOTL pretty frequently through my iphone... and dont really have any problems just going to the website with safari...

Makes it easier for me to sort out. I like being able to look at participated threads and unread threads in one touch. Also makes PM's easier. Lastly it runs 10 times faster than Safari on my iphone.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
All of the above are very true!
It is definitely an easier and much more user friendly experience overall but I especially like that there is no more pinching to zoom in and out. Also it is much easier to view and post pictures.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Tapatalk is well worth the $2.99 or whatever they charge for it. I access this forum & a couple others with it 99.8% of the time.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

Makes it easier for me to sort out. I like being able to look at participated threads and unread threads in one touch. Also makes PM's easier. Lastly it runs 10 times faster than Safari on my iphone.
pretty much this! amped up access times and expedited interface. makes pix and quick replies SO much easier. it is worth it to me.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm considering Tapatalk on my new phone. However, do you buy it just for that device or is it good for all equivalent devices (Android, Apple, whatever)?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's good for any device of that product. Buy it on Apple for Apple devices and Android will be good for all Android devices.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know this has passed but I finally made the plunge and downloaded tapatalk 2

Cheers,
JM
How do you like it? I almost never go on my desktop after I got tapatalk on the phone and iPad. I love it..
I love it. Like you said I haven't used my desktop since. This is so much easier. I use it on my iPad too which is beautiful also.

This was a great purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2