What's new

Tat Drac thread... unofficial!!!

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Man, that has to be a lot of stress trying to make everyone happy. I hope he (Pete) doesn't take a lot of the comments on here to heart. Everyone is in love with the smokes, lots of folks just frustrated.

Looks like Pete's going to have to make even more Face's next year...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
The stupid thing is, NOBODY knows how this is going to play out...

I still think there will be plenty for people, either on the open market or after market...some of those people who put their name on the list (other then me, of course) might think twice in 2 weeks when they actually have to pay for them...

We will see I suppose...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
The stupid thing is, NOBODY knows how this is going to play out...

I still think there will be plenty for people, either on the open market or after market...some of those people who put their name on the list (other then me, of course) might think twice in 2 weeks when they actually have to pay for them...

We will see I suppose...

~brooks
Quit yer yappin and get to HSC!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Looks like Pete's going to have to make even more Face's next year...
If he makes too many the demand will just fall out... This was a good amount this year, as Brooks said, in a couple of weeks things might be looking better for everyone.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I spent two hours on the phone today. Only time will tell. Worst case scenario I save a couple hundred dollars and spend it on some other boxes of cigars! Its all good.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Man, that has to be a lot of stress trying to make everyone happy. I hope he (Pete) doesn't take a lot of the comments on here to heart. Everyone is in love with the smokes, lots of folks just frustrated.
If he makes too many the demand will just fall out... This was a good amount this year, as Brooks said, in a couple of weeks things might be looking better for everyone.
The hard-core fans just want these SO baddly that we're getting a little crazy. We've waited a long time for the opportunity to buy these, and now it's still in limbo for most.

We (yes, myself included) just need to be patient for a little while longer. I think we'll all geT some, just not whole boxes like we wanted to. But what can you do--the word is out that Petes stuff rocks, and we're nit going to get that cat back in the bag.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Just to clarify....This is about a cigar right?

It's not about healthcare or children or family or homes burning down or unemployment.....it's a cigar...and a hobby.

Perspective is a powerful thing when you step back a moment.
Hmm.......healthcare, children, and family are all significantly LESS important to me than any of my hobbies. LOL!

I don't want my hosue to burn down tho, 'cuz thats where I keep my stuff, and I don't want to lose my job because that's how I afford to buy my stuff.

:agreesmil

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I remember last year...that was both a good amount produced to keep up with demand and a reason to buyers where ye bought a decent amount. :sigh:

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Well.... just got home from work... made many calls via mobile phone... got on the Lottery List at the Florida store. NHC had a 2-3 minute VM explaining the scavenger hunt, everywhere else i called was either a busy signal or an answering machine. WE will see waht happens...

Corona isnt giving specifics or if there will be a list... but they said they would call me when they are in stock.
I called Corona today and it seemed like they didnt know WTF was going on. The lady who answered, Katie or Flicka, not sure what her name was, didnt have a clue about the Drac, or that they were even on the list. I was already fustrated about the lottery at Destin (#6 on the list) that I think I took it out on her... I told her that it is a shame that a Cigar super store like Corona Cigar does not have a clue on what is going on for this release... she put me on hold like 3 times to confirm with her manager, but he was also clueless and stated no pre=orders will be taken because he was unsure if they were to recieve any at all ... I told her to check the Tatuaje website and read up on what I think is the year's most anticipated Cigar release and spread the word to her co-workers... I promise to call tomorrow and appologize to her and hopefully I can get a callback when they get their share....

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I hope that everyone here can get at least a box that they want...
I want a box if each... but after reading what is going on I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach. I feel like I NEED to have these. But wont be able to find any :(

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm hoping "fingers crossed" I can get a box. I'm on a few lists, but most likely will rely on my own timing when they first release online.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I heard a couple of guys at a shop talking about how much profit they''ll be making on these at auction. Just what we need, speculators.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I heard a couple of guys at a shop talking about how much profit they''ll be making on these at auction. Just what we need, speculators.
Famous will do the same thing.

If it were my store & I only got a few boxes, I'd have a Halloween party and sell them 1 per customer. That way it's fair & open to the regular/loyal clientelle; maybe have single's sign up sheet to reserve your stick if there's that few.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only chose not to take a list due to the event on 11/01/09 when Pete is here for my 5th Anniversary. I would have sold out in twenty minutes yesterday and had nothing for the event. I feel it was the right choice and I know some will not agree. I know damned well half an hour after I open the door that day all the boxes will be sold. As far as retailers making you buy other stuff or breaking Dracs into samplers, that is something I would not do. I feel holding them back for the event day is enough trauma to the guys that want these and I would not feel Karmically right if I made guys buy other stuff or jacked the prices on them. That would be bad mojo.
If it matters, my BestFriend is going to have to wait until that morning to buy his box as well.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Update: I called Barclay-Rex Enterprises in NY and they said they only took enough names to fill their supply (no waiting list). If your name is on that list, you will be getting a call and a box is reserved for you. Good news for some I guess....