What's new

Tat Drac thread... unofficial!!!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
after having a day to digest all the goings on, and reading drac's post, i wondered what i would do if i were a retailer. if i had a store that depended on my local good customers to stay in business, would i take phone calls from people i didn't know and would never make another purchase from me? i gotta look out for number one and my family and do what is best for me. i would not take advantage of my customers by making them buy other stuff, but i do believe in loyalty. i would help those that support me first.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I agree, I would take care of my locals. It sucks for the rest of us, but understandable. :)

after having a day to digest all the goings on, and reading drac's post, i wondered what i would do if i were a retailer. if i had a store that depended on my local good customers to stay in business, would i take phone calls from people i didn't know and would never make another purchase from me? i gotta look out for number one and my family and do what is best for me. i would not take advantage of my customers by making them buy other stuff, but i do believe in loyalty. i would help those that support me first.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Beautiful Moutains of Western North Carolina
Yeah a little loyalty would be nice. I mean that is one of the reason i go to B&M stores.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I only chose not to take a list due to the event on 11/01/09 when Pete is here for my 5th Anniversary. I would have sold out in twenty minutes yesterday and had nothing for the event. I feel it was the right choice and I know some will not agree. I know damned well half an hour after I open the door that day all the boxes will be sold. As far as retailers making you buy other stuff or breaking Dracs into samplers, that is something I would not do. I feel holding them back for the event day is enough trauma to the guys that want these and I would not feel Karmically right if I made guys buy other stuff or jacked the prices on them. That would be bad mojo.
If it matters, my BestFriend is going to have to wait until that morning to buy his box as well.
I think it is completely understandable what you are doing with your allotment, I don't think anyone can criticize what the retailers do with theirs as it is up to you. Now on the other hand, having to buy a box first, putting it in samplers with other sticks, or auctioning off for profit is not right. I think the complaints were out of frustration yesterday by many who had a hard time securing a box. But I think in a few weeks most will find what they are looking for and everyone will be happy.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Bob - I would agree with that - save a couple of boxes for your loyal's. But the real fans - the guys that buy dozens of boxes & spend thousands of dollars on Pete's stuff may or may not have the local that has them. Isn't fair game to be first-come-first serve?

Many are doing raffles to make it as fair as possible. Dan's idea of a scavenger hunt is actually a great idea - though quite frustrating initially. Cause I want what I want, when I want it! Lol!

Another cool idea would be to make an allotment for BOTL. Think about it - this board has been one of the biggest contributors to the 'grass roots' movement of Tat enthusiasts, marketing & purchasing $100's of thousands of dollars per year on Tat products. Just a thought.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That would be amazing to have a BOTL special edition! We all believe in the product so much, because it is that good. Every single time I am at my local in the humi I always steer people to the Tats when asked what I like/prefer.

Bob - I would agree with that - save a couple of boxes for your loyal's. But the real fans - the guys that buy dozens of boxes & spend thousands of dollars on Pete's stuff may or may not have the local that has them. Isn't fair game to be first-come-first serve?

Many are doing raffles to make it as fair as possible. Dan's idea of a scavenger hunt is actually a great idea - though quite frustrating initially. Cause I want what I want, when I want it! Lol!

Another cool idea would be to make an allotment for BOTL. Think about it - this board has been one of the biggest contributors to the 'grass roots' movement of Tat enthusiasts, marketing & purchasing $100's of thousands of dollars per year on Tat products. Just a thought.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in the retailer position i\you have to make alot of calls that will always piss someone off. I follow my instincts and how I was raised to just do the right thing. That means never gouging on products that I know damn well I can get a mint for as well as treating others as I want to be treated. I had some of my reps calling me yesterday, some are personal friends, wanting to secure Dracs and I gave them the same answer I gave everyone. Whether some agree with the choice, I stay consistent and what I decide applies to all. Many things in life are a double edged sword. I am so stoked to be part of The Drac release and that far outways the grief of associates and friends asking for a hook up and my sadly having to play it fair to be true to myself.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
AAARRRGGGHGHHH. I called a few places today to try and get my hands on a few boxes of Dracs and Boris and every store keeps telling me they have a waiting list over 200 people long! NNNNOOOOOOOO

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0

i agree with what your're saying aj. but there are so many other things to consider. again, if it were YOUR store and you served only locals, i'm betting you'd take care of them. if you were like dan and had a national online business, you'd have to figure a way to allow all of them to have a shot. i think his idea is great! plus, if you were primarily a b&m and you had people calling you, how do you know who is a legit fan and not someone who is trying to buy up as many as he can so he can make a buck on ebad?
ultimately your last idea is the best, just take care of us first and then let the rest of the world have their shot!!!!:smokingbo

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Dude, if I had the room I'd put you up for the night. I'm 10 minutes from Scott's shop.
Its cool, lol, 3 1/2 hr drive... But it will be worth it! Road trip!

The only thing that is going to suck is the possible hangover from the finger lakes wine tour the day before lol

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strife, I am thinking one box per and see how that goes. I have never put a limit on anything before and am not that comfortable with the idea, but I have a feeling alot of guys that show at noon would get shafted if I do not limit. I am definately not keeping this special for the regulars and members of the lounge. It is open door that day and all folks breaching the front door have fair shake. Even at selling whole boxes we will be out in a very short period of time. 31 boxes goes fast. I am figuring the straight retail with this states shit taxes it will be $208 + sales tax of 8.625% per box =$225.94
I am going off it having the same cost as last years Frank but I am yet to hear what they cost.
Another reason I feel selling sealed boxes is right is the tickets for the Ducati. I stated a while back that I will not scour each box and search for tickets thus leaving the boxes sealed. Now if I crack a box to sell singles well then, I think that ticket would be mine if I found it.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I stated a while back that I will not scour each box and search for tickets thus leaving the boxes sealed. Now if I crack a box to sell singles well then, I think that ticket would be mine if I found it.
And deservedly so. Hope to see you on the 1st.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Strife, I am thinking one box per and see how that goes. I have never put a limit on anything before and am not that comfortable with the idea, but I have a feeling alot of guys that show at noon would get shafted if I do not limit. I am definately not keeping this special for the regulars and members of the lounge. It is open door that day and all folks breaching the front door have fair shake. Even at selling whole boxes we will be out in a very short period of time. 31 boxes goes fast. I am figuring the straight retail with this states shit taxes it will be $208 + sales tax of 8.625% per box =$225.94
I am going off it having the same cost as last years Frank but I am yet to hear what they cost.
I thought they were $13 a stick?? So wouldn't a box be $169 + sales tax :dunno:

Another reason I feel selling sealed boxes is right is the tickets for the Ducati. I stated a while back that I will not scour each box and search for tickets thus leaving the boxes sealed. Now if I crack a box to sell singles well then, I think that ticket would be mine if I found it.
I have a strong feeling we will see retailers getting most of the tickets

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, I have a 46% state tobacco tax I have to pay on all cigars. MSRP does not take into account the taxes each state retailer incurs.
also,
90% or more of the boxes I get will not get opened by me thus little chance of this retailer getting a ticket. I am playing this fair.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Craig, I have a 46% state tobacco tax I have to pay on all cigars. MSRP does not take into account the taxes each state retailer incurs.
Wow, that is brutal.

90% or more of the boxes I get will not get opened by me thus little chance of this retailer getting a ticket. I am playing this fair.
I understand that and not implying anything, but with so many shops getting smaller allotments, many stores will want to open the boxes to sell singles(and rightfully so). Not trying to say anything bad about anyone with my statement just a mathematical observation.