What's new

Tat Verocu (red) Tubos......

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone get further reports or sightings of The Tat Black or Verocu Torps arriving at local B&M's?

Please post info here for the Brothers after you've taken care of your needs.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My B&M is expecting them either today or tomorrow....will post when I hear the news!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
The Big Easy has them for pre-order, but they should have them in house today, shipping out tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Who smoked one and what did you think?
Smoking one now....

Same basic profile as the CG but some of the flavors are not as predominant, not a strong as the robusto. Overall not as good as the cg but better than the robusto....

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So as I walked up my steps, I saw the package I had ordered from NHC sitting on my porch. Awesome way to end a Monday! carry the package upstairs, open it, and stare at the tubed glory in front of me. 4 black tubos and 6 red...I proceed to remove one each and give them a once over...they look amazing. I decided to smoke a red since there are more of them. I take my Palio and snip the end off. I took a dry draw and...paint...it tasted like paint..just like the Drac I had smoked a few months ago...I have since removed the sticks from their respective tubos and plan to let them settle a bit before I smoke another

However! After I lit it and am smoking it a bit, the taste of paint is subsiding and the flavors of the cigar are coming through....but still, I would like to know if anyone else has had this happen to them???

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Psychosomatic, flashbacks from the Drac boxes?! :)
I will crack one open should have a box any day now...
Are the boxes really as huge as they look?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Just smoked a Dr** and the pre light draw still had a big time lacquer taste to it. Damn shame too because I could taste the potential in it. Can't imagine how disappointed Pete Johnson must have been when they shipped that way so it would be hard to imagine him letting that happen again.

Gonna be checking my B&M to see if they're in yet.

Edit: I'll let you know if I experience the same thing.

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hmmmm. Guy posts his experiences with a cigar and he is told he is wrong. Hmmm.

Thanks for the review. I will be interested to see if my experience is the same. There. Was that so hard?

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Hmmmm. Guy posts his experiences with a cigar and he is told he is wrong. Hmmm.

Thanks for the review. I will be interested to see if my experience is the same. There. Was that so hard?
Point taken....

The impression I got was that it was another attempt at starting some more discourse. Given the context with which I was basing my opinion on which was no way for a paint smell to be there.

My apologies to the OP if I am mistaken in the intent, I just did not want this to become another one of those threads.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen complaints elsewhere of a "heavy laquer smell" with regards to the red tubos. I have a box of the black tubos and have nor experienced any issues.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The box is rather heavy! the total shipping weight was 4 lbs. Solid box....

I will say that I am on the final 3rd of the cigar and the taste of paint is faint, but present..its a damn shame. But I am hoping that a quick removal from the tubes and a rest in the humi will fix this. Aside from the linger of paint, the cigar was fantastic, but I would've liked it to be a bit stronger.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The box is rather heavy! the total shipping weight was 4 lbs. Solid box....

I will say that I am on the final 3rd of the cigar and the taste of paint is faint, but present..its a damn shame. But I am hoping that a quick removal from the tubes and a rest in the humi will fix this. Aside from the linger of paint, the cigar was fantastic, but I would've liked it to be a bit stronger.
Thanks for the review man... Can't wait to see the box in person.. They look really cool!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
let me just say that I am in no way saying I am outraged or upset or whatever...I will gladly continue to smoke the remaing sticks and I am sure they will be great....I just wanted to see if it had happened to anyone else. Since I have not smoked a black yet, I can't call it either way. This was just my initial experience, didn't mean to offend anyone.