What's new

Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just sniffed the box :eyebrow:

And yes indeed it does have an odor of lacquer or something.
The smokes are in my humi so this was an empty box opened about a week ago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, its not just me than. I noticed the cigar on the cold draw tasted like lacquer. I'm pulling the smokes out of box now.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Mine were wrapped in foil. No issues with the sticks but the box...maybe a little

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine were wrapped in foil. No issues with the sticks but the box...maybe a little
yes they are wrapped in foil and then boxed I believe this is referred to as "wet" boxing? Anyhow i enjoy the smokes and haven't noticed the odor on the smokes themselves.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I have been smoking these like crack and I haven't noticed a strange taste when I smoke them... that said I do notice a slight smell to the box. I'm taking them out now.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just bought a box and don't smell the lacquer. I'll re-sniff in a week or so. I must say, these are great little smokes. I was disappointed with the tat blk tubos, but it appears pj and clan are back on track.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's a lovely afternoon in SoCal. Went for a nice walk along Santa Monica beach and did some morning shopping. Had a nice lunch and now, time to settle in for an afternoon smoke on my hotel balcony.

Selected an OR Tatuaje Petit Lancero that was gifted to me by a great BOTL. Chocolately wrapper. Fairly veiny. Closed foot is interesting. I believe that this petit lancero is from the special release that Pete Johnson did for Tobacco Grove in Minneapolis as it has a closed foot. Should be interesting to light.

The smell of the wrapper reminds me of expresso beans. Deep, rich aroma. Fairly firm throughout the cigar. Pigtail looks a little rough.

The closed foot takes to flame easily. Loads of chocolate and a hint of sweetness. The aftertaste is fleeting. Doesn't last too long. A touch of black coffee and pepper emerge after a few puffs. The sweetness reminds me of a cinnabon?

Burn is a little uneven but seems to be correcting itself. The draw is firm with an acceptable amount of smoke. Would like more smoke though as I find it doesn't coat the palate fully.

The ash is a dirty white. Nice weight in the cigar as I type. As I work through the first third, all i can think of is a latte with a cinnabon. Its making want to go and get some. The burn has corrected itself nicely..

Drawing on this slowly as I don't want to overheat the cigar. The flavours remind me of a PL Montecarlo, based on the reviews I've read. Might have to secure a few to try and make a comparison.

The second third reveals more of the same. A slight change to more cocoa/ black coffee flavours and a hint of spice comes through. Strength has increased. The aftertaste still is fairly short.

No real change as I enter the final third. Fairly one dimensional. The flavours are acceptable however, just seems to be playing the same song over and over again.

Final third is done. All in all, a nice change of pace cigar however, not as good as others that I have had. Fairly one dimensional and straight forward. A good cigar but lacks complexity and nuance.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I'd agree with your assessment maverickdrinker on the Tobacco Grove pre-release and recent release... fairly one dimensional but, for me, really enjoyable.

MI Dave

Petit Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone through 4 boxes of these and they all had a slightly odd box odor when I first opened them but I opened up the foil on all the boxes and never had an issue with the cigars having an off taste. This is far and away my favorite cigar when I actually have time to sit down and really enjoy a stick. Just the right amount of strength for a good retrohale taste.