What's new

Tatuaje Dracs and Boris for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I just dont get the big deal..... if someone is willing to pay $300 for a box of stix and someone is willing to sell it to that person for $300 and both parties know the MSRP on the box is $180 and the buyer still wants to buy it for $300 is it really any of our concern for their stupidity......

Food for thought.........
"In a capitalist economy, the prices of goods and services are controlled mainly through supply and demand and competition. Supply is the amount of a good or service produced by a firm and available for sale. Demand is the amount that people are willing to buy at a specific price. Prices tend to rise when demand exceeds supply and fall when supply exceeds demand, so that the market is able to coordinate itself through pricing until a new equilibrium price and quantity is reached. "(wiki)

Last edited:

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
This is the second time I've seen posts like this here. There's nothing funny about sabotaging someone. There's no glory nor honor in an act like this. You're doing nothing for the BOTL community or the cigar community at large. Really, this is an act of a whiny child.

How many more people on this board support this sort of behavior? How many praise him for what he's doing? I really hope he represents the minority of the BOTL.
i have to firmly disagree, one of the shining examples of why i am here and proudly announce my support of this site is for the high standards of the individuals here. the men and women that come here and stay are generally of the same opinion - that this is a passion first, then, if at all (for some of us) - business

it sure is easy to cash in off of someone's hard work, but i would much prefer if i didn't have to see people jack up the price just to make a few extra bucks. if you can't see how sorry that is, you don't know most of these guys, you won't see inflated "vintage" cigars here, some of the best cigars in the world pass here at the cost of the buyer.

i may not actively go after these guys, but if i happened upon one, i'd probably flad it too, so i don't say, get out there and find them all, but it's no better than scalpers, or whatever else. they're jerks.

and think a bit who you're attacking, the guy who wants honesty and fair business, or the jerk who wants to make 100% profit off of YOU.

just a bit of perspective

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Every box that is dumped on auction sites is one that keeps it out of the hands of some one who really supports the brand. Most that smoke the brand regularly would have loved to get them withought some one ripping him off. I am ok with the free market but would rather see Pete get the money. If this how they are going to be sold then why shouldn't Pete just say screw you all and they are $30 as stick. I think the pricing is as much a favour to the smokers as it is about Pete making money.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I really don't want to start an argument. I apologize for being accusatory in my previous post.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every box that is dumped on auction sites is one that keeps it out of the hands of some one who really supports the brand. Most that smoke the brand regularly would have loved to get them withought some one ripping him off. I am ok with the free market but would rather see Pete get the money. If this how they are going to be sold then why shouldn't Pete just say screw you all and they are $30 as stick. I think the pricing is as much a favour to the smokers as it is about Pete making money.
That is up to Pete bro, and he can do it. But once someone buys a product, it is his to do what he wants with it. As long as what he is doing isn't illegal (How many of us smoke cubans) than let it be.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
That is up to Pete bro, and he can do it. But once someone buys a product, it is his to do what he wants with it. As long as what he is doing isn't illegal (How many of us smoke cubans) than let it be.
Aren't Cubans legal? I just go to the store and pick out what I would like. Even 7eleven carries Cubans, maybe not good ones.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
The Boris is at started $350 with 0 bids

The other two Dracs started at $400 with 0 bids

as for the one that started @ $9.99, the first bid was a ghost account of his/hers, and the second could be as well. This type of thing happens all the time.
I know man. I was just referring too the link you gave. I have seen those as well. I'm not going to pay that price, but someone will.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
It all comes down to supply and demand.

Yes, some (awesome) folks here at BOTL give up pricey, valauble cigars at their cost.

And yes, some people will jack up the price of cigars on ebay....Because someone WILL pay that price. And they guy who makes purchase probably has no other option than using ebay.

I see both sides, but intentionally sabotaging someone else's right to excersise capitalism is pretty shameful.

IMHO

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It all comes down to supply and demand.

Yes, some (awesome) folks here at BOTL give up pricey, valauble cigars at their cost.

And yes, some people will jack up the price of cigars on ebay....Because someone WILL pay that price. And they guy who makes purchase probably has no other option than using ebay.

I see both sides, but intentionally sabotaging someone else's right to excersise capitalism is pretty shameful.

IMHO
Ditto.

Ya want safe haven stay here...... nobody that I have seen goes much over MSRP (a lot are even under) which is great. Thats how this place is ran and thats why a lot of people are here in the first place but let the other sites be....Its really none of our worry whats someone pays for something.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My only thing is we will get enough of both these sticks going around here for everyone in the next few months. So let the asshats have em for 3-500 hundred. In fact can anyone besides myself who wants to be honest and who have had a few of the Dracs and Boris say they are incredible. (Yes I know aging potential).
I have bought 15-20 boxes of Tats in the last year and I cant say they are any better or as good as most reserva labels or brown lines. So could it quite possibly be in a year that these 2 sticks end up just being good. So then the person who paid 500 on ebay for a box got what they deserve? I havn't had a Drac but guys opinions I value at the leaf have( Im waiting till the ammonia smell leaves my sticks no prob just a wait) have all said the same thing. (Ive have had 1 Boris) Both these sticks guys are like "yeah there ok".
I'm not hating but doing what I do best just being honest.
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.