What's new

Tatuaje Dracs and Boris for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Flagging ebay ads b/c you don't like the price they sell for is a bitch move. It's an auction site just like we have here. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

I'm going to start turning in everyone here in the US who has possession of Cubans and turning in every ad I see here to ****** b/c they also have a strict no tobac policy as well. Would that be loved by the community?

Seriously, this is complete bullshit and I can't believe anyone here would be such a tattle-tale and/or get congratulations for doing so. And no, I have not or will not sell the few Monsters I have on eBay, for those that might ask.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
.....I'm going to start turning in everyone here in the US who has possession of Cubans and turning in every ad I see here to ****** b/c they also have a strict no tobac policy as well. Would that be loved by the community?....
Please read disclaimers listed in the stickeys. Also consider your words very carefully...brother.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wish it wouldn't happen because I don't like that it makes it harder for people that really enjoy the cigars to get their hands on them but whatever...

It does, however, make me feel better about sitting out all night in the cold to get my box.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i have to firmly disagree, one of the shining examples of why i am here and proudly announce my support of this site is for the high standards of the individuals here. the men and women that come here and stay are generally of the same opinion - that this is a passion first, then, if at all (for some of us) - business

it sure is easy to cash in off of someone's hard work, but i would much prefer if i didn't have to see people jack up the price just to make a few extra bucks. if you can't see how sorry that is, you don't know most of these guys, you won't see inflated "vintage" cigars here, some of the best cigars in the world pass here at the cost of the buyer.

i may not actively go after these guys, but if i happened upon one, i'd probably flad it too, so i don't say, get out there and find them all, but it's no better than scalpers, or whatever else. they're jerks.

and think a bit who you're attacking, the guy who wants honesty and fair business, or the jerk who wants to make 100% profit off of YOU.

just a bit of perspective

BOTL is a community of cigar enthusiasts who take pleasure in looking out for another. Ebay is the free market. There's no point comparing the two.

If someone wants to resell a cigar they have every right to. So, leave it alone and the let the guy who is willing to pay 2x MSRP buy his sticks.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Please read disclaimers listed in the stickeys. Also consider your words very carefully...brother.
Disclaimers are there for a CYA policy for the board, which is necessary and great. Doesn't change the facts regarding the hypocrisy of people picking and chosing which auctions and or website rules to follow, not follow, or snitch about.

Don't worry, I was just making a point. I'd never snitch about anything, not my style.

I'm really surprised more people aren't upset about this. What if people came on here and started ratting us out for our 'harmless' bending of some rules? Would we like it?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I understand both sides' arguments but I tend to try and be optimistic about the boxes for sale on the auction site... rather than think about the greedy bastards doubling their money, I am thinking about many of the BOTL's out there that weren't lucky enough to get a box of Dracs/Boris and the ones that are willing to spend the money to get one. It is probably their only chance at getting one now and who am I to ruin that?

I guarantee there are some upset Tatuaje fans that had legitimate bids on those boxes whose auctions were canceled and were wondering, wtf?!?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only thing is we will get enough of both these sticks going around here for everyone in the next few months. So let the asshats have em for 3-500 hundred. In fact can anyone besides myself who wants to be honest and who have had a few of the Dracs and Boris say they are incredible. (Yes I know aging potential).
I have bought 15-20 boxes of Tats in the last year and I cant say they are any better or as good as most reserva labels or brown lines. So could it quite possibly be in a year that these 2 sticks end up just being good. So then the person who paid 500 on ebay for a box got what they deserve? I havn't had a Drac but guys opinions I value at the leaf have( Im waiting till the ammonia smell leaves my sticks no prob just a wait) have all said the same thing. (Ive have had 1 Boris) Both these sticks guys are like "yeah there ok".
I'm not hating but doing what I do best just being honest.
Justin
I agree completely with you. I didn't not enjoy the stick, but at the $15 it was after taxes?...not really worth it, IMO. Granted, I had a small sample size, but the cigar was just very 'meh' to me (as well as a buddy who had one with me).

With that said, people may very well enjoy/love this stick. I've had a stick I've absolutely loved (Cain maddie) that someone else has loathed. Given that I tend to like cigars with similar tobaccos, I was surprised that I did not like this one. And you can't always have a hit, IMO. It'd be nice to see guys like Pete and Dion and such always put out a quality stick, but at some point you'll just find a dud (to you at least).

And that's part of the fun of cigars - not everything is for everyone. For our sakes, I hope they keep pumping out cigars that the majority like...haha (and I'm sure that they will)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simplest solution to all this is Pete could just up the production. Keep it limited still, but allow the cigars to be on the shelves for a few weeks. Don't know if I am stating the obvious here:ballbounc

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Flagging ebay ads b/c you don't like the price they sell for is a bitch move. It's an auction site just like we have here. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

I agree Patrick.

If I wasn't lucky enough to get a box of Dracs this past weekend, I would be trolling ebay to get myself a box. Who is anybody to ruin that opportunity for me? Who is anybody to tell me that $300 is too much to spend on a box of dracs? If I can afford it, I can afford it and I shouldn't be stopped from buying it.

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Patrick I am with you on this bro...just because they are listed doesn't mean you gotta buy them. hell, people here were paying $20 a stick from retailers in NY when they first hit...that is a big mark up...why are you so worried about it? We take care of our own here which is great...did you not get yours? Let it go bro....

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
In this economy, how do you know you aren't taking money from a legitimate entrepreneur who is trying to put food on the table? The guy sees an opportunity and exploits it. Who's to say that these people did not go through the same hassle we did to get these smokes.... but they did it because they saw an opportunity & needed the cash more than the smokes? This "gray market" has existed for many years.... for all kinds of products. And who are you to become ebay's "thought police"?

This is pathetic. How about I copy your post and forward it to every ebayer selling these as soon as they are listed.....??? Then you can watch your back! Seriously, what's the differerence?

This type of whiny tattling and meddling in someone else's legitimate enterprise is NOT what this Board is about. The fact that you apologize in your post leads me to believe that you intuitively know it is wrong, but your ego is looking for redemption. Man up... let it go. What you are doing is self serving and will not earn you a place on the throne in cigar heaven..... which is where you may end up if these people find out what you are doing to them..... just my $.02.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Why is it any different than having to pay 5 times face value for a sporting event ticket (scalpers)...if you don't like it, don't bid or buy them...that's how the free market works....costs are controlled by supply and demand.....it's just a frickin cigar!!!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
In this economy, how do you know you aren't taking money from a legitimate entrepreneur who is trying to put food on the table? The guy sees an opportunity and exploits it. Who's to say that these people did not go through the same hassle we did to get these smokes.... but they did it because they saw an opportunity & needed the cash more than the smokes? This "gray market" has existed for many years.... for all kinds of products. And who are you to become ebay's "thought police"?

This is pathetic. How about I copy your post and forward it to every ebayer selling these as soon as they are listed.....??? Then you can watch your back! Seriously, what's the differerence?

This type of whiny tattling and meddling in someone else's legitimate enterprise is NOT what this Board is about. The fact that you apologize in your post leads me to believe that you intuitively know it is wrong, but your ego is looking for redemption. Man up... let it go. What you are doing is self serving and will not earn you a place on the throne in cigar heaven..... which is where you may end up if these people find out what you are doing to them..... just my $.02.
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Why is it any different than having to pay 5 times face value for a sporting event ticket (scalpers)...if you don't like it, don't bid or buy them...that's how the free market works....costs are controlled by supply and demand.....it's just a frickin cigar!!!

Good Point:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Main-Yankees-World-Series-Game-6-Tickets-11-4-09_W0QQitemZ150385827507QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tickets_all_in_one?hash=item2303b19eb3#ht_1069wt_941

Someone want to flag this? Afterall, selling tix over face value is a violation of ebay policy...

Last edited:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

:clap:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Interesting thread, but I have a couple of points to add...

1. Ebay is not BOTL & the market sets the price when at auction. Whether I like the price/sale or not, they have a right to sell it & I have the right to laugh my ass off & not buy it.

2. Some people need to learn how to disagree in a more tactful & graceful manor. It does no good to yourself, your point or this community to make inflammatory remarks.

There have been too many angry rants thrown around the board lately.
Why people can't take a step back from their keyboard, take a few breaths & then type a civilized, calm & rational response is beyond me.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Interesting thread, but I have a couple of points to add...

1. Ebay is not BOTL & the market sets the price when at auction. Whether I like the price/sale or not, they have a right to sell it & I have the right to laugh my ass off & not buy it.

2. Some people need to learn how to disagree in a more tactful & graceful manor. It does no good to yourself, your point or this community to make inflammatory remarks.

There have been too many angry rants thrown around the board lately.
Why people can't take a step back from their keyboard, take a few breaths & then type a civilized, calm & rational response is beyond me.

Well said!

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.