What's new

Tatuaje Jar Release smoking status

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The jar was kept at my b&m's locker at 68-70 degrees and 63-65 RH. Smoked one about half a year ago and it was phenomenal. Smoked another last month, and it was almost over the hill - lacked any spice, mellowed out considerably, just plainly losing flavor.

I asked a friend who kept his at 60/63 to give me one of his. Smoked it today, and it is at its peak now, IMO - nice light spice, suave flavors of creamy cinnamon and wood.

I highly recommend either lowering temp or smoking them soon. Just fyi...

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Here's to hoping you want to include one of these in our trade :BEG SMILEY:

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha, Ryan, wait til you see the list...welllll it will depend on YOUR list hehehe :tiphat:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Haha, Ryan, wait til you see the list...welllll it will depend on YOUR list hehehe :tiphat:
I think my list will be solid, but if you have this jar just chilling, I worry my list will shutter in fear in a corner trying not to wet itself in comparison haha! I've only been in this game for a little over a year...

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Me too. funny thing, last year in February was the first time I smoked a cigar, and it was at Gloucester street. Jose and Jack gave me a LFD Double Ligero chisel to try out. With eager eyes, they watched me as I sank into the couch and eventually threw up in the bathroom in the back.

After that, I couldn't smoke med/full body cigars for a while, and told someone that I couldn't smoke any Tatuajes because it tasted nasty to me. That someone happened to be Pete, when he was visiting G-street.

Now, about 75% of what I smoke are Tatuaje...yea live and learn. PM me your list, with what you want to try.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Me too. funny thing, last year in February was the first time I smoked a cigar, and it was at Gloucester street. Jose and Jack gave me a LFD Double Ligero chisel to try out. With eager eyes, they watched me as I sank into the couch and eventually threw up in the bathroom in the back.

After that, I couldn't smoke med/full body cigars for a while, and told someone that I couldn't smoke any Tatuajes because it tasted nasty to me. That someone happened to be Pete, when he was visiting G-street.

Now, about 75% of what I smoke are Tatuaje...yea live and learn. PM me your list, with what you want to try.
LOL Great story.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Lmao that's a great story right there, Marc. I need to give all my humis a good look so I don't forget anything... Tomorrow evening you shall have my list, sir. Back to studying for me, now, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you want to preserve flavor put your smokes in cello and keep rh at around 70. If you like to smoke at 65 rh or below then thats fine but after a few months at that rh sticks lose alot of the oils that provide flavor and body.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you want to preserve flavor put your smokes in cello and keep rh at around 70. If you like to smoke at 65 rh or below then thats fine but after a few months at that rh sticks lose alot of the oils that provide flavor and body.
So in your opinion, the ideal RH for aging sticks (anything over a year or so) would be 70%?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yep. Pete is a big believer in storing his cigars at 68% vs a lower Rh for that exact reason... we had a fun discussion in Nicaragua last year about it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That is freaking mean... and also a story line that has played out to a "T" in the B&M I go to on multiple occasions...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So in your opinion, the ideal RH for aging sticks (anything over a year or so) would be 70%?
I think if you want to preserve as much of the freshness and that spice and power that we love about tats its best to keep the rh a little higher imho. Celo helps alot as well.

As far as what is ideal in general for aging cigars is another deal altogether and i think a matter of personal preference.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep. Pete is a big believer in storing his cigars at 68% vs a lower Rh for that exact reason... we had a fun discussion in Nicaragua last year about it.
I think if you want to preserve as much of the freshness and that spice and power that we love about tats its best to keep the rh a little higher imho. Celo helps alot as well.

As far as what is ideal in general for aging cigars is another deal altogether and i think a matter of personal preference.
It's a bit different. There's a bit of a difference between dry and wet humidity. When you have wet humidity, 65deg/68-70rh is ideal. When you have dry humidity, 60deg/63-65rh is preferred.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's a bit different. There's a bit of a difference between dry and wet humidity. When you have wet humidity, 65deg/68-70rh is ideal. When you have dry humidity, 60deg/63-65rh is preferred.
:wtf:

BTW, that is the WTF smiley, Marc.

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

You ARE in your own little world, aren't you?