What's new

Tatuaje Jar Release smoking status

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I keep all of my cigars at 65-66 and the original and second releases of the Black CG are long dead. Flavor disappeared from these after 2-3 years IMHO.
Well, if the second release plastic jars are dead, I'm even less excited about smoking the original ceramic jar I have. At least the jar still looks pretty...

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, if the second release plastic jars are dead, I'm even less excited about smoking the original ceramic jar I have. At least the jar still looks pretty...
The one I had recently was fantastic, but I don't like a lot of spice. I thought it was OR, but could be wrong. I'm sure they're worth trying.
For those who have some that feel they've lost 70% of their flavor, I'll give you 30¢ on the dollar for them....

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
What qualifiys as a unicorn release. I smoked my last musubi after i... it was pretty good
I guess each individual would have their own idea of what the Tat Unicorn releases are. Musubi is certainly htf, some folks might consider it to be a unicorn. Other people might consider the much more available Whore to be a unicorn. For me its those sticks that people spend inordinate amounts of effort to hunt down, speak about with reverence and spend big $$$$ on. Examples include: Boris, Frank, Drac, T110, CQ1, Barclay Rex, etc, etc. Most of those cigars are going on a decade old. Even the CQ1 is 5 years old at this point, and if ages anything like the 7th Capa or the NHC Capa, its best days are behind it at this point.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The jar was kept at my b&m's locker at 68-70 degrees and 63-65 RH. Smoked one about half a year ago and it was phenomenal. Smoked another last month, and it was almost over the hill - lacked any spice, mellowed out considerably, just plainly losing flavor.

I asked a friend who kept his at 60/63 to give me one of his. Smoked it today, and it is at its peak now, IMO - nice light spice, suave flavors of creamy cinnamon and wood.

I highly recommend either lowering temp or smoking them soon. Just fyi...
Any left?