What's new

Tatuaje Jibaro #1

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Tatuaje Jibaro #1

Tatuaje’s Jibaro line was produced at the famous Tropical Tobacco facility in Nicaragua. The cigar was modeled after a custom-rolled Habano, and the line was discontinued in 2006. Jibaros are a fairly uncommon Tatuaje, and one of the few that were not blended by Pepin.

Pre-Light: Mild Spanish cedar and light hay.

First Third: The first thing I notice is how much these cigars have mellowed in the past few years. They were a fairly full-flavored and medium/full cigar when they came out, but have since dropped down to a light medium-body. A very nutty flavor stands out in this first third, and is joined by a mild cedar. Ben gets some nice caramel notes as well, but my cigar has no sweetness to it whatsoever.

Second Third: The cedar fades away, and we are left with a rich hazelnut flavor. A mild black pepper also pops up, but it is not strong at all. The hazelnut is still very prominent, and we both note that this cigar’s flavors have changed drastically over the past few years. At the end of this third some floral clove notes start to pick up.

Final Third: The clove quickly dies down, but a pleasant graham cracker takes its place. We are still getting a ton of hazelnut as well as that mild black pepper. The Jibaro stays this way for the rest of the smoke, giving us nice and consistent flavors until the very end. Final smoking time was 1 hour and 55 minutes.

Although this was a good cigar, Ben and I both believe that these are past their prime. Jibaros were absolutely delicious when they were fresh, and the $5 price tag was hard to beat back then! They have since mellowed out a ton, and the flavors are just not quite the same. They are a great example of a fantastic cigar that is best smoked fresh. I would pay $8 for one of these, and Ben would pay $7.

where to find: private collectors, cigar forums.
expect to pay: $10 or more.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Thanks for the great review Tyler. I hope I find one of these to try before
they go the way of the "Partagas 150"!:hysterica

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review!

Never had the pleasure of one of these. They do look cool.

Who did blend them?

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the Review and pics. I have only one of these in my humi that was givin to my by a good friend and botl'r last year. I haven't been able to get myself to fire it up...it's one of my personall collectable pieces. Maybe I'll finf a couple more down the road oe get the nerve to fire the one I have up...It sure looks like a tough call.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have only one of these in my humi that was givin to my by a good friend and botl'r last year. I haven't been able to get myself to fire it up...it's one of my personall collectable pieces.
Ditto to all of what Tom said. In fact, we were likely given the one we each have by the same great BOTL...Just can't find the nerve to put fire to it...

Maybe one of these days. :ccowboy:

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Don't be pu*#ies...smoke em:) only cigars...they all end up ash in the end! Plus you will find them...just look. Find them every once and awhile. Just gotta look hard. Look at indyrobs post and if I get time ill post more pics from when I had cabs.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have one of these left and when Memphis takes out San Antonio in 6 I am firing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk