What's new

Tatuaje limited releases

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Very nice, will be looking forward to the Corona Gorda size! Thanks for the info Pete

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Wyatt, I wouldn't say it's overly complex but if you are a broadleaf fan, you will want to chew on these things all day. You'll get strength nuances throughout the cigar and the smaller sizes are a bit more spicy and concentrated but again not really a complex cigar. The largest size is going to be under $7.

Sizes are.
HCB 5 1/8 x 42
HCBC 5 5/8 x 46
HCBF 6 1/2 x 48

All wet packed and rustic looking. This is old school cigar making.
The name La Casita Criolla ( little native house ) fits the cigar perfectly.
Thanks Pete! Looking forward to giving these a go and looks like they will be easy on the budget to boot :drool:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Hot damn, thanks for making a corona size! Can't wait to try this.
Patrick, I was literally about the make this same exact comment, lol! Love coronas, I'll be down for a box of these right away. Maybe a 5-er of a larger one too, since it will be summer :)

Excellent price point too, Pete. You're aiming to become a champion of well-priced cigars, it seems.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Patrick, I was literally about the make this same exact comment, lol! Love coronas, I'll be down for a box of these right away. Maybe a 5-er of a larger one too, since it will be summer :)

Excellent price point too, Pete. You're aiming to become a champion of well-priced cigars, it seems.
Nate, I'm trying to make cigars in every style, in every price point for every person and of course my want for a variety of flavors. It's actually hard to make an all broadleaf cigar at this price point because of the cost of the material and of course SCHIP. I just had my mind set on a certain price point so I had to reduce my margins.

I really want to bring back Series P to have a lower price point but SCHIP is making it impossible. Series P might end up being house brands for a couple of the big retail houses.

With that said, I will always have my higher priced cigars also.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Nate, I'm trying to make cigars in every style, in every price point for every person and of course my want for a variety of flavors. It's actually hard to make an all broadleaf cigar at this price point because of the cost of the material and of course SCHIP. I just had my mind set on a certain price point so I had to reduce my margins.

I really want to bring back Series P to have a lower price point but SCHIP is making it impossible. Series P might end up being house brands for a couple of the big retail houses.

With that said, I will always have my higher priced cigars also.

Why might the P go house blend? How does that effect a line? They pay for part of the process or...?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The margin on P got killed because of SCHIP and I need to be able to sell it in larger quantities 1) to make any profit and 2) keep the price at the same retail level as before. I'm actually trying to price it lower than before. In the low 3's instead of the high 3's. I'm still working it out and still not sure what will happen with the brand. If I can get retailer support on the brand which I really didn't have before, I might consider keeping the brand going.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wyatt, I wouldn't say it's overly complex but if you are a broadleaf fan, you will want to chew on these things all day. You'll get strength nuances throughout the cigar and the smaller sizes are a bit more spicy and concentrated but again not really a complex cigar. The largest size is going to be under $7.

Sizes are.
HCB 5 1/8 x 42
HCBC 5 5/8 x 46
HCBF 6 1/2 x 48

All wet packed and rustic looking. This is old school cigar making.
The name La Casita Criolla ( little native house ) fits the cigar perfectly.
This should be awesome. I will need to make room in the humi for a box of each, or damn, maybe I should just buy another end table humi for my TATS. Love that leaf!!!!:sing:

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Very happy to see the corona size, too. Not enough cigars out there in that particular vitola. One of my favorite sizes.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Nothing on Meat Locker. No time for it. Trying to concentrate on full production consistent blends more this year. You will still see my few store releases here and there but my focus is full production.

On that note, after reading artofdesign's question and my initial answer, I decided to bring back Series P in three sizes with Sumatra wrapper.

Boxes of 20
4 1/2 x 52
5 x 50
6 x 50

I decided it's a cigar that needs to be on the market for all my stores.
I haven't made this cigar in almost 3 years and think Sumatra wrapper is the best way to bring it back.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nothing on Meat Locker. No time for it. Trying to concentrate on full production consistent blends more this year. You will still see my few store releases here and there but my focus is full production.

On that note, after reading artofdesign's question and my initial answer, I decided to bring back Series P in three sizes with Sumatra wrapper.

Boxes of 20
4 1/2 x 52
5 x 50
6 x 50

I haven't made this cigar in almost 3 years and think Sumatra wrapper is the best way to bring it back.
If you don't have time to sample the test blends for the Meat Locker, I will gladdy volunteer my time, palate and expertise in this area, free of charge. That is just the kind of BOTL that I am. :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Boxes of 20
4 1/2 x 52
5 x 50
6 x 50

I love Sumatra wrapper. Can't wait to try it.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I really like my Tatuaje's. Brown labels, Reserva, Monster Series, La Riqueza, Cabaiguan, El Triunfador, the LE's. And I'm stoked about the fact that I can get my hands on some Blacks. Does anyone think that with the introduction of what seems to be several new lines (Fausto, La Casita Criolla, Avion?) that something will give? It just seems like there is a rather larger amount of new stuff coming out and while all the originals are still great will there come a point where production is at its max and there is no room for new blends? I thought I read somewhere the Pete wanted a maximum number of cigars to produce a year. I am probably just full of it, but what are your thoughts (Pete or anyone else)?