What's new

Tatuaje Regios Reserva 2013?

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Holy Crap! Just lit up the new Noella Reserva. IT IS A SPICE BOMB. Classic Tatuaje flavor with that underlying broadleaf sweetness. These are an instant classic (and on par with the '09s).

EDIT: and I'm really impressed with the quality of the Broadleaf on these. It's much better quality than the broadleaf on the 7th Reserva or even the 2012 Cojonu.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
FYI, to anyone who purchases these, give them time to recover from shipping first. I found a noticeable improvement with these in just a couple weeks time in my humidor. So far I think the noella reserva has the edge on top over the regio reserva, but I need to smoke more of my regios before I make up my mind

Last edited:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
So if you only chose one box to buy it looks like the majority is for the Regios. What do you think the aging potential is on these compared to the 06 or 09? I'm not at all a pro on these as I've only had a couple of each but I hate when a cigar looses that zing after a long rest.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
So if you only chose one box to buy it looks like the majority is for the Regios. What do you think the aging potential is on these compared to the 06 or 09? I'm not at all a pro on these as I've only had a couple of each but I hate when a cigar looses that zing after a long rest.
I agree Tom, that the consensus is the Regio. But I tell you what, Corona's have a more concentrated wrapper to filler ration. That might be
your best bet! ;) You may want to try out that 3/3 sampler that Dan (NHC) has before committing to a box.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got to agree with the general consensus that this years regios reserva is much better then the noella reserva. Got my hands on a couple of '06 noella reservas for slight comparison this weekend though :p

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just got mine from my Cigar Hustler order... now I am resisting the urge to try one ROTT (or, rather, right out of the P.O. box). I went ahead and got some more from Tampa Humidor, for good measure. Don't want to be caught short if I like 'em (and if I don't, then I can always find some takers here, I'd think!).

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
These are both fantastic IMO, if you like broadleaf it's a no brainer

I liked the Regios slightly better but I'm a robo guy

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Finally picked up a couple of each size and some Cohetes from Tower. Can't wait to try them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally picked up a couple of each size and some Cohetes from Tower. Can't wait to try them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Yep....Tower got their shipment and I had Mark send me a box of the Regios.... Can't wait to try them!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I read this statement from here: http://topqualitycigars.com/TATUAJE_RESERVA.html
regarding tat regios and noellas I was surprised I didn't hear of this earlier.

I smoked my noella in the sunlight and did see this "gold dust" but I assumed it fell off the gold band.

A banner on the front page of http://topqualitycigars.com/index.html says this (typo left as original) : "Wrapper contains GOLD dust
The soil of the grown wrapper contains lots of minerals. Under a bright light you will be able to see the gold dust in the cigar wrapper. Guaranteed."

Might this vendor be mistaken, or worse, just sales pitching? One would assume Tatuaje would use this as a marketing tool if it were true and this TQC.com is the only place i've read it, so it seems unlikely. Might anyone know for sure?
I have heard of gold foil used to wrap a cigar wrapper and smoke as usual--the gold melts much before the plant matter so it evaporates before you can draw it in--I forget the cigar/manufacturer.
I must admit it seemed like a pimp move...and we know of the success of Goldschlager liqueur.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
When I read this statement from here: http://topqualitycigars.com/TATUAJE_RESERVA.html
regarding tat regios and noellas I was surprised I didn't hear of this earlier.

I smoked my noella in the sunlight and did see this "gold dust" but I assumed it fell off the gold band.

A banner on the front page of http://topqualitycigars.com/index.html says this (typo left as original) : "Wrapper contains GOLD dust
The soil of the grown wrapper contains lots of minerals. Under a bright light you will be able to see the gold dust in the cigar wrapper. Guaranteed."

Might this vendor be mistaken, or worse, just sales pitching? One would assume Tatuaje would use this as a marketing tool if it were true and this TQC.com is the only place i've read it, so it seems unlikely. Might anyone know for sure?
I have heard of gold foil used to wrap a cigar wrapper and smoke as usual--the gold melts much before the plant matter so it evaporates before you can draw it in--I forget the cigar/manufacturer.
I must admit it seemed like a pimp move...and we know of the success of Goldschlager liqueur.
Today halfwheel released a review on the Federal 90th 109 Redux. Then went on to comment about the "gold dust" with a quite from Pete.

"That’s the heavy mineral content from the farm where we get our Broadleaf. Many people think it comes from the bands but it is from the rich soil on the farm. You can actually see these specks on the leaf during process. If you were to walk the farm, your pants will look like you got a lap dance from an overly bronzed up dancer."

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thank you logistics.
Things are becoming much more clear now. The specs are on the leaves(topically), when I was first wrapping my head around this I assumed they were absorbed through the root system and this didn't jive with my understanding of plant growth/mineral uptake.
So i'm guessing the specs are not gold but gold looking minerals like Formica or something similar, because I would assume the farm would turn into a gold mine otherwise?
Very interesting, and thanks again. :tiphat:
Today halfwheel released a review on the Federal 90th 109 Redux. Then went on to comment about the "gold dust" with a quite from Pete.

"That’s the heavy mineral content from the farm where we get our Broadleaf. Many people think it comes from the bands but it is from the rich soil on the farm. You can actually see these specks on the leaf during process. If you were to walk the farm, your pants will look like you got a lap dance from an overly bronzed up dancer."