What's new

Tatuaje suggestions

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since joining BOTL, i've been noticing certain sticks keep popping up in regards to recommendations... from those I've created my shopping list. Undercrown, Four Kicks, Hererra Esteli to name a few. I want to try a couple Tatuaje's. Any suggestions? I tend to gravitate towards a full flavor... huge fan of the undercrown.

thanks

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Since joining BOTL, i've been noticing certain sticks keep popping up in regards to recommendations... from those I've created my shopping list. Undercrown, Four Kicks, Hererra Esteli to name a few. I want to try a couple Tatuaje's. Any suggestions? I tend to gravitate towards a full flavor... huge fan of the undercrown.

thanks
Any tat brown label really.... J21, 10th anni (either), PCRs, 7th natural or reserva......... I could go on :)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

thanks
Any tat brown label really.... J21, 10th anni (either), PCRs, 7th natural or reserva......... I could go on :)
This is the best list to start with.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ill second the 10th anniversary. They're affordable and steadily available right now. I'd also suggest grabbing a Tat PCR if you happen to find one. About $4 a stick (I think...) but prepare yourself for the addiction. I could eat those damn things....

Again, I agree with any tat brown band. Black bands are also great, but a tiny bit harder to find.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
first thing you should do is try their &th (the corona gorda vitola) in the natural, reserva, and capa especial. same cigar with either their habano (brown label regular), connecticut broadleaf (reserva), and sumatra (capa especial). so many of their releases are predicated on those wrappers, you get those three under their belt, you have a baseline of what their LE's are like. the cojonu '12 comes in all three capas as well, but the entry price is higher.

red label, fausto/avion, la riqueza, cabaiguan, and la casita criolla all have their own unique charm, and are relevant to some of their smaller releases as well, and should be tried at some point.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
red label, fausto/avion, la riqueza, cabaiguan, and la casita criolla all have their own unique charm, and are relevant to some of their smaller releases as well, and should be tried at some point.
This is very true also.... There aren't many "bad" tats out there except the series p (good yard gar tho).

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I second JavaJunkie. Try the 7th first and after you taste all 3 you can get an idea of what you like the most and go from there. The nice thing about the 7th is that they are all priced nicely and great deals can be found online if you want to go the box route if local B&M pricing doesn't suit your budgetary needs. I'd stay away from the cojonus until you get a better idea of what you like as they can get quite expensive quite quickly. There is also a large release of Tat Black CGs on the way sometime this month or next and they will be priced at $10 a piece so you chose a good time to get interested in Tat. They taste great and are priced right. So between those things you can decide if the brand is for you or not.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Natural 7th's on the Monster right now. Good timing Sean. I agree with the above post to a tee. The Sumatra wrapper isn't offered in other sizes as mentioned and the 7th is a great size for sure. Also, I might be bias, but the Especiales (Lancero) does the brown label very well. And speaking of lanceros, I am a fan of the El Triunfador Original Blend Lancero if you can find one. All that being said, the Black blend is my all time fave. Petite Lancero and soon, corona Gorda. Can't wait!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
first thing you should do is try their 7th (the corona gorda vitola) in the natural, reserva, and capa especial. same cigar with either their habano (brown label regular), connecticut broadleaf (reserva), and sumatra (capa especial). so many of their releases are predicated on those wrappers, you get those three under their belt, you have a baseline of what their LE's are like. the cojonu '12 comes in all three capas as well, but the entry price is higher.

Spot on. Additionally, the 7th Reserva is probably the most like the Undercrown in terms of flavor and profile. Trying the 7th in the various wrappers is an excellent idea and excellent introduction to Tatuaje.

Also, don't forget the El Triunfador, which is another of his smaller releases that should be tried.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've never smoked a bad Tatuaje. The ones already mentioned are great ways to go. Just grab one of those and you'll be fine.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Honestly, I think one of the most flavorful (and least talked about) Tats in the past 5 years is the WCD 120 Redux, which is now a house release for Curtis Draper. Great vitola, amazing profile when fresh or aged, decent price (perhaps a bit high for a PC) and you can buy them just about anytime you want. Not a powerhouse by any means, but significantly different from other Cabaiguans in the line profile wise, IMO. If I had time to smoke in the morning before work, this would be my go to cigar, without a doubt.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Honestly, I think one of the most flavorful (and least talked about) Tats in the past 5 years is the WCD 120 Redux, which is now a house release for Curtis Draper. Great vitola, amazing profile when fresh or aged, decent price (perhaps a bit high for a PC) and you can buy them just about anytime you want. Not a powerhouse by any means, but significantly different from other Cabaiguans in the line profile wise, IMO. If I had time to smoke in the morning before work, this would be my go to cigar, without a doubt.
Are they available to order, or you must visit their B&M for it?

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
You can order over the phone, no problem at all. In fact, I just called, and while they are out of stock at this very moment, a new shipment has been sent from Tatuaje, and will be there today or tom most likely :)

Also, something I was unaware of, the name of the cigar is now just the Cabaiguan WCD, for future reference.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You can order over the phone, no problem at all. In fact, I just called, and while they are out of stock at this very moment, a new shipment has been sent from Tatuaje, and will be there today or tom most likely :)

Also, something I was unaware of, the name of the cigar is now just the Cabaiguan WCD, for future reference.
Thanks for the help!
Really liking the 12 count box idea!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
get spares and rest them a few years. i have some noellas (brown label, marevas size) from '09, i am REALLY going to miss when they're gone...

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

Might have to pick this up

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I started with the Noellas and Angeles and they were reveletory smokes and I still think they are two of the better vitolas. Next would be the brown label El Triunfador lanceros. Then I would try the especiales and Havana Cazadores. I was never a fan of the 7th.