What's new

Tatuaje T110 OR Review

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Unfortunately, due to long days and early nights during the course of my vacation, I was unable to finish even half of the reviews I would of liked to while away. None the less, people voiced their opinions on what they wanted to see, and as such, I intend to finish the bulk of the polled for reviews before moving back to my own selection.

After a long day of laboring around the house, pulling up grass and re-arranging our garage, I find my self familiarly on the front porch, relaxing with a drink and a cigar. My new stinky (courtesy of L8A(Marty), gleams brilliantly in the fading light of the evening sun, proudly holding a Tatuaje T110 one of its rests.

The T110 pronounces its own err of brilliance as the oils in its wrapper reflect the suns rays. With a firm solid construction, almost invisible seams, minor veining and no visible imperfections, its no wonder these little cigars are so popular.

Pre light draw: The triple cap cuts well, as is the norm for most Tatuaje cigars. The Cold draw brings a pleasant meld of flavors to the palette, cedar is most prominent, followed by spice and mild tobacco. Fragrances from the wrapper and the foot are somewhat shared, Cedar is most dominant, followed by hints of barnyard nuance.

Lighting: After toasting, the foot lights well with out so much as to draw on it. The initial draw sends off notes most prominently of spice, followed by cedar, and some sweet tobacco.

First Third: Giving the T110 some time to "settle" after lighting and letting it move firmly into the first third, the flavors have calmed quite a bit. The draw now presents a strong sweet notes, followed by the spice this cigar is known for and a familiar toasty almond that lingers on the finish. The retro-hale emits fragrances of cedar and almond as well, a unique nuance that often doesn't make an appearance this early on. The ambient burn produces sweet cedar with some spice. The ash holds for a good inch and a half, although there is a slight unevenness to the burn.

Second third: Entering the second third, the ash drops from the cigar, clearing the way for a much more even and aesthetic burn. The draw already presents an interesting change in the flavor profile, the sweet notes have died away with spice now heavily dominant, followed closely by the return of cedar highlights -an unexpected nuance - while almond still lingers at the end of the draw. Fragrances of cedar and almond continue to maintain a strong grasp on the retro-hale with trace hints of spice, while the ambient burn exude sweet cedar, accompanied now almond also. The burn still appears to be free of any issues and the ash holds firm at an inch to and inch and a half.

Final third: Coming through to the finish, the remaining ash drops yet again as the evening sun shines on my perch for the last time. With about an inch to go, the draw is surprisingly cool and smooth. While spice remains the dominant flavor, it is not overwhelming and allows for notes of cedar to come penetrate along with almond on the finish. Notes of almond have intensified on the retro-hale, still presenting some cedar. The ambient burn, faintly present at the nub, hangs on to nuances of the sweet cedar which has been present throughout, with a hint of what would best be described as marzipan. The burn was even until the nub, though dropping ash in two or three quarter inch nuggets.

Final thoughts: This is a cigar that encapsulates the Tatuaje line, a complex full-bodied vitola that packs a punch. Truly a pleasure for the senses and anyone who enjoys the spice of a Nicaraguan Puros. It would suffice to say that while this cigar may be hard to find, it would likely still be much sought after even if it were produced in larger numbers or if it was a regular production vitola.

Total smoking time was one hour.

Cheers,
Shawn

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Excellent photos and poetry in motion on a cigar I have had before. I wish mine was as good as yours as I encountered much subtler notes. While I am not a big Tat fan I have tried more of this line of cigars than most trying to find a niche...sadly it isn't to be found. For those who like this cigar this would probably be the review to read and look at. Well done.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Excellent photos and poetry in motion on a cigar I have had before. I wish mine was as good as yours as I encountered much subtler notes. While I am not a big Tat fan I have tried more of this line of cigars than most trying to find a niche...sadly it isn't to be found. For those who like this cigar this would probably be the review to read and look at. Well done.
You ever happen to smoke an OR Verocru (West/East), or a Noella/Regios Reserva, or the SW Reserva Maddie?

I'm admittedly a fan of many more Tats than I listed above......but if you've smoked any of those, and you still feel this way......then you've given it your best shot ;).

Great review yet again bro!.......and the T110 is indeed a great stick......but I still prefer the others I listed above, yet that's not a slight to the T110 whatsoever. :stretchgr

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Welcome back my friend!

Another excellant review and pic's, glad to hear I'm not the only one that had the T110 make them a bit high!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Great review Shawn. As usual. I've never tried one but will do so in a couple of weeks and let you know what I think.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review! I agree these are just amazing cigars. With the big ligero craze going on the in industry right now, I think this cigar would be absolutely huge--like CA Top 5 in it's first year huge--because it's just as powerful as sticks like Oliva Series V and Cain, but MUCH more flavorful (and great flavors too!).

This should absolutely be a regular-production smoke, with a full line (can you imagine this cigar in something like a Salomon, lol ... what a way to die!).

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You ever happen to smoke an OR Verocru (West/East), or a Noella/Regios Reserva, or the SW Reserva Maddie?

I'm admittedly a fan of many more Tats than I listed above......but if you've smoked any of those, and you still feel this way......then you've given it your best shot ;).

Great review yet again bro!.......and the T110 is indeed a great stick......but I still prefer the others I listed above, yet that's not a slight to the T110 whatsoever. :stretchgr
Sadly I have smoked 3 Tat Noella and 1 Regio...I still have 2 of the SW Reserva Maddies in my humidor that are probably a year old. I was diligent in trying to like these but cigars can be a funny mistress...some you like and some you don't. Think I'm just gonna send the SW out on my next bomb.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Sadly I have smoked 3 Tat Noella and 1 Regio...I still have 2 of the SW Reserva Maddies in my humidor that are probably a year old. I was diligent in trying to like these but cigars can be a funny mistress...some you like and some you don't. Think I'm just gonna send the SW out on my next bomb.
Well.....if you wanna send those 2 Reserva Maddies my way, I'm sure I could find something you might want/like

PM me if you're interested.

Oh.....and did I mention...

Great review!!! ;) :innocent:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"some you like and some you don't."

That pretty much sums it up my friend, I feel pretty much the same way about Opus X.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0

Great review! I agree these are just amazing cigars. With the big ligero craze going on the in industry right now, I think this cigar would be absolutely huge--like CA Top 5 in it's first year huge--because it's just as powerful as sticks like Oliva Series V and Cain, but MUCH more flavorful (and great flavors too!).

This should absolutely be a regular-production smoke, with a full line (can you imagine this cigar in something like a Salomon, lol ... what a way to die!).
I've never had the either the OR Verocru (West/East), Noella/Regios Reserva, or the SW Reserva Maddie unfortunately. And yes that be quite the way to die

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Another great review man. I remember having one of these OR's ROTT, and I tell you what... It was one of the most "stoned" feelings I've had smoking a cigar.

Insane....