What's new

Tatuaje Wolfman

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I totally get the fact that some cigars just aren't for some people. I had a somewhat similar experience with a San Cristobal. It just happens that way.

I was under the impression that the wolfman was generally well received. So I was suprised to see some dissenters on this stick. My suggestion to try another, then make a judgement. And if you don't care for them, you don't care for them. You shouldn't have a problem finding a home for them, if that's the case.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I agree with you Capt. Its very loosely packed and not a great cigar. I had a box and many of them smoke the same way. Not an awful stick but not one I run to. JMHO

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
It could be that people just don't like the Sumatra wrapper...it does have quite a heavy flavor...

To those that were not impressed with the Wolfman, have you smoked any of the other Capa Especials (7th, NHC, etc), and if so, what did you think of them?

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It could be that people just don't like the Sumatra wrapper...it does have quite a heavy flavor...

To those that were not impressed with the Wolfman, have you smoked any of the other Capa Especials (7th, NHC, etc), and if so, what did you think of them?
Capa Especials are yummy! Does not matter which one.. Lol. NHC are great if you like the lancero profile. But the CG format is my favorite vitolla. But the Wolfie didn't get me excited. The Franks were and are the best out of the Monster Series imho. But everyone has a different taste preference. Don't have to like everything.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I really like the wolf. I had a couple at release and another in January. I don't have much exxperience with the first few monsters, though I have had one each of the Frank, Drac, & Boris. I didn't discover tatuaje until just before the Face came out and that was only because a shop I frequent was on the list of 13. At present I prefer the Face to the Wolf but I think the Wolf is still a really nice cigar.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought the Wolfman was pretty damn good... I smoked about four of them, & had no troubles with any. It is a looser draw than I'd like, if I'm going to be critical of the stick, but taste & burn for sure not an issue.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't want to give the impression that this was a bad cigar by any means. I am a huge PJ fan could smoke only Tatuajes and die a happy man, this one was just so built up and did not fit my flavor profile. I also am a huge fan of what Pete has done with the broadleaf and felt this had a similar flavor to one. I was stunned when I read it was a Sumatran wrapper. I am not very familiar with the Sumatran, can anyone tell me a cigar is the epitome of Sumatran flavor?

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My ONLY problem with the Wolfman was that at the last inch or so there was an acrid, horrible taste to it. On the third one I smoked (that had sat in Grants Tobacconist humidor for two months) that acridness crept up towards the middle of the cigar. I finished it (I aint chucking a stick I paid $14 for!) and it did mellow out slightly but the flavor profile overall was not enough to convince me to get a box.

If I get my hands on another I may post tasting notes. I've been more enthralled with the 7th Reserva and Fausto than anything else lately.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I smoked one over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Draw was a touch on the loose side (though I much prefer that over a tight draw). Good flavors all the way down to the nub and TONS of smoke.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
You must have got a dud. I've smoked a couple now, and both have been outstanding. No draw issues, and the flavour was great. I'd put these up as one of my favourite cigars. Not the very top, but certainly up there. I hope that your box turns out better than your first.
^^^^^^^^^
What he said!:thumbsup: