dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
In all seriousness

Frank
Boris
Black CG

But most of his LE stuff recently has turned out to be great hype and marketing with little results once the lighter hit the foot. His regular stuff is still pretty good though.

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
But most of his LE stuff recently has turned out to be great hype and marketing with little results once the lighter hit the foot.
Say whaa??? People have raved about the Tenderloin which I agree, the Barclay Rex has had great reviews, the SODO is great in my opinion and others that I have talked to, T110 was last year and was a hit, the Boris was a year ago and is outstanding, many other 2009 LE's were great including the SW Maduro, Regio Reserva, Noella Reserva, Porkchop, and Cohete and even many people like the Face.

I think the ones that didn't have good results were the Drac, the Tubos but I think they have turned into good cigars with a year on them now, maybe the Outlaw, the La Verite because of price point vs flavor, and what else?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
okay, I really am not picking on you today dprice!?! Even though it seems like it LOL

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Say whaa??? People have raved about the Tenderloin which I agree, the Barclay Rex has had great reviews, the SODO is great in my opinion and others that I have talked to, T110 was last year and was a hit, the Boris was a year ago and is outstanding, many other 2009 LE's were great including the SW Maduro, Regio Reserva, Noella Reserva, Porkchop, and Cohete and even many people like the Face.

I think the ones that didn't have good results were the Drac, the Tubos but I think they have turned into good cigars with a year on them now, maybe the Outlaw, the La Verite because of price point vs flavor, and what else?

I've heard the same on the tenderloin, but have heard mixed to poor reviews on the rex. Same with Face. I thought the T110 wa running as regular production. The Anarchy has already been rumored to be less than exciting. The SODO, while probably a good cigar considering it is the same F'n blend as the El Tri, is more expensive and smaller. And again I said most, and 2009 seemed better, but I'm looking at the current change in Tatuaje. From 09 to now, I think the new stuff has been lacking. I guess I don't drink the Tat Kool-Aide. I'm not going to buy a $10+ cigar because it says Tatuaje on the box, or paper wrapping. When I read reviews that say bleh, meh, soso, could be better, i'll stand by the fact that when you try to release 7-8 new cigars plus line expansions every year, that something is going to give.

Now if we're talking regular production.. El Tri, Noella, Cabaiguan, La Riqueza are all excellent cigars that are priced right.

okay, I really am not picking on you today dprice!?! Even though it seems like it LOL
I know you're not pickin on me, I am beginning to think you may be on Pete's payroll though.

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard the same on the tenderloin, but have heard mixed to poor reviews on the rex. Same with Face. I thought the T110 wa running as regular production. The Anarchy has already been rumored to be less than exciting. The SODO, while probably a good cigar considering it is the same F'n blend as the El Tri, is more expensive and smaller. And again I said most, and 2009 seemed better, but I'm looking at the current change in Tatuaje. From 09 to now, I think the new stuff has been lacking. I guess I don't drink the Tat Kool-Aide. I'm not going to buy a $10+ cigar because it says Tatuaje on the box, or paper wrapping. When I read reviews that say bleh, meh, soso, could be better, i'll stand by the fact that when you try to release 7-8 new cigars plus line expansions every year, that something is going to give.

Now if we're talking regular production.. El Tri, Noella, Cabaiguan, La Riqueza are all excellent cigars that are priced right.

I know you're not pickin on me, I am beginning to think you may be on Pete's payroll though.
Just a point, the SODO is not more expensive that the ET Lancero. It's cheaper.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0

Yeah some people did not care for the Rex so far, but the majority have liked them. I believe Brooks' site The Smoking Stogie is well respected and Steve's review gave it a 95 score.
http://thesmokingstogie.squarespace.com/home/tag/tatuaje-barclay-rex-100th-anniversary

Yes the Face was hit or miss, but not a failure in my opinion.

The T110 is not regular production, but the Fausto line that is coming out will be based on that blend.

And... anyone want some kool-aid? Okay, maybe it does seem like I'm on his payroll.... LOL

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I can get the El Tri Lancero for $180 and the shorter SODO is $230. Save $50 cut an inch or so off.
Wow, you pay way below MSRP for ET Lanceros and no tax? Nice...

Since you can pay significantly below MSRP and avoid paying any state or local taxes or shipping on your cigar purchases, I guess they are cheaper.

However, I don't think that business model applies to most cigar purchases, nor do I expect it to. Hence, I won't use that as a metric for price comparisons. Ill go by MSRP and local taxes.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
google search dude, top result. I don't have some back room secret sauce. Online purchases generally come with lower taxes and $8 to ship is not compared to the $50 difference in price I listed,