What's new

Tedski, I'm Not Your Secret Santa...but

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
OK, the weather is gonna be warmer tomorrow FINALLY, it's been well below zero here lately. My cold is almost gone so I set my alarm for 5:00am to go light the heater in the shop, tomorrow I should be able to finish construction, then off to finishing!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I dont know how yall yankees manage in cold weather like that. If it ever got that cold down here I think the whole city would shut down. But anyway, I cant wait to see what wade is a'brewin I really like wood working too and youve really got a talent for it wade. :applause:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
OK, it warmed up again and my cold is at least at a manageable level where I could work in the shop today. I got all parts cut, dimensioned, sanded, and assembly done. Now tomorrow is finish sanding and then a few coats of boiled linseed oil, then when that drys, a few coats of lacquer and it's done.

I tried it out tonight and it's pretty cool damnit, now I gotta make one for me!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Well, two coats of boiled linseed oil on, probably one or two more to go, then a few days worth of lacquer and I can get this thing shipped out!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
That birds eye wood grain sure looks great ... and it's a nice contrast to the walnut.

I hope this won't be too costly to ship. Unless you've been taking lessons from Willard Wigan. WW

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
That birds eye wood grain sure looks great ... and it's a nice contrast to the walnut.

I hope this won't be too costly to ship. Unless you've been taking lessons from Willard Wigan. WW
Not quite that small, and shipping is not an issue, well, I just gotta be sure it's wrapped properly with enough peanuts so NO damage can occur.

I got the last couple coats of finish on it tonight, well at least I think so, I'll be sure in the light of morning.

It's cold here now, so I had to build a little visqueen spray booth in my shop and put the heater in it so I could get it warm enough to spray. I think it turned out nicely.

I hope you enjoy it Ted.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
That wood looks amazing! I'm telling you, man, you could make some SERIOUS bread in the cigar-related crafting world!!