What's new

Terms?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new to all of this so I have a few questions and I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out by answering them.

1. What does “NC” mean?
2. What does “bomb” mean?
3. What does “RH” mean?
4. Are Habanos the same as Cubans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe there is a thread that discusses these terms but
NC non-Cuban
Bomb to send someone cigars they where not expecting
RH relative humidity
Habano means "something from Havana"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe there is a thread that discusses these terms but
NC non-Cuban
Bomb to send someone cigars they where not expecting
RH relative humidity
Habano means "something from Havana"
Thank you

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
4. Are Habanos the same as Cubans?

Some people call Cuban cigars "Habanos;" and the Cuban govt. cigar enterprise is called Habanos SA.
Habano is also a variety of tobacco leaf. Typically it is from Ecuador, but also from Nicaragua. Many commercial dark wrappers are Habano. The two main retailers, WLT and LO, sell Habano filler and wrapper leaf.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some people call Cuban cigars "Habanos;" and the Cuban govt. cigar enterprise is called Habanos SA.
Habano is also a variety of tobacco leaf. Typically it is from Ecuador, but also from Nicaragua. Many commercial dark wrappers are Habano. The two main retailers, WLT and LO, sell Habano filler and wrapper leaf.
It's common however, for Cuban cigars to be referred to as Habano, isn't it? Most folks I know do, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's common however, for Cuban cigars to be referred to as Habano, isn't it? Most folks I know do, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's a standard term for it. I don't personally know anyone who calls them that. Everyone I know calls them "Cubans," "Cuban cigars," or in writing, "CC." Must come down to what part of the country you're in. I live out west.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tobacco College: Seeds & Plants more colleges Accoutrements College | Taste College | Service College
CRIOLLO

While there are many Cigar Tobacco Varietals, the in-depth Curriculum on Growing, Nurturing, and Harvesting Cigar Tobaccos will focus on the two most famous seed varietals in the history of cigars: Corojo and Criollo. Their descendants are in most premium cigars made today. While many hybrids have been created over the years [in and outside of Cuba], these two legendary seed strains make excellent specimens for serious study.

• Origins date back to the time Columbus discovered the "New World"
  • Traditionally used as filler and binder plant
  • Grown under direct sunlight to amplify the variety and intensity of flavors
  • For generations, the Criollo plant produced 4 of the 5 leaves in a "Havana" cigar
    • Corojo wrapper leaves are the 5th
  • Produces 6 to 7 pairs of leaves
  • Ligero: leaves at the top of the plant are the strongest and fuller flavored, due to direct sunlight (Heavier Sun = Heavier Tobacco)
  • Leaves toward the bottom of the plant are more subtle in flavor and strength
    • Seco: used as filler
    • Capote: used for binder
    • Volado: used as filler
  • Outside of Cuba [and the Criollo Varietal], tobacco plant leaves are generally classified, from top to bottom, as:
    • CORONA - LIGERO - VISO - SECO - VOLADO

COROJO

• Developed in 1930s by Diego Rodriguez
  • Derived from the Criollo seed through selective breeding
  • Named after its birthplace, the farm Santa Ines del Corojo in the Vuelta Abajo region
  • Premiere wrapper for Cuban Cigars until 1990s
  • Primarily grown under shade for wrappers
  • Weakness: still susceptible to Blue-Mold, Black Shank, and other Tobacco ravaging diseases
  • Produces 8 to 9 pairs of leaves
  • Praised for its dark brown (colorado) color, uniformity, thin veins

GENERAL

In General, outside of Cuba, these plant classifications apply.

Back Next