What's new

The 2012 BOTL™ Chicagoland HERF :: June 23rd

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I hope that everyone had a blast last night. It was great to meet a bunch of great BOTLs and hang out with guys I have met in the past. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk much with a lot of guys...was running around too much.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Well, fellas... I had a great time this weekend and can say that I enjoyed meeting each and every one of ya.

Thanks to everyone who hosted and and extra special thanks to Jfire for putting us up this week and to Jfire and Warren for carting us around to and from.

Safe travels to everyone, and looking forward to next year.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Sitting at the airport... Once again, a great weekend!! For me, it is all about the brotherhood. And we have some fine brothers here!

Thanks to all who made this happen. Where we at next year?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, Thanks a million for the warm welcome and BOTL for putting together a great event.

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I'll read the thread later, just about to get on plane. Chicago was a blast... awesome meeting everyone finally.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Finally made it back home. Thanks to all who put the event together and of course Casa for hosting a flawless event. Great meeting up and matching tags with faces. Looking forward to more meets in the near future. G1

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Another awesome BOTL annual Herf in the books. As always, it was a blast!

A huge thanks to all the bris that worked their arses off to make it all happen.

When and where is next year's!? :rofl:

Rating - 100%
40   0   0

Few pics of Willy Herrera from El Titan de Bronze rolling samples of his DE cigar which will be out later this year. G1

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
My fIrst shout out is to Eric. You have built a place for all of us cigar guys to come together and talk cigars and build friendships that will last a lifetime!!! I know you busted your ass to make this happen and we all appreciate you bro!

Special thanks to David and Sam at Casa for hosting the event and to my homie JD for coming out to show his love for the BOTL. For those that weren't there JD spent about 7 hours on his feet talking to people without a break or a chance to come downstairs and relax.

I had a great time with a lot of good friends this weekend. It was good seeing my family and look forward to seeing you all again. Also great to meet a lot of new people. I could go through a long list of who to thank and why but I know I told everyone in person thank you before I left.

If I had to put things in perspective, I would say Hendy and Rich are my older brothers and Justin is my younger brother. These three guys are fucking incredible and truly enjoyedy seeing you guys and thank you for the hospitality and thank you Scott for the rides. They say behind every great man is a great woman and Brenda and Lisa are some amazing women, thank you for letting us in your homes and all you two ladies did for the BOTL these last few days!

Time to jump on a plane, had a great weekend!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Were they handing out samples after Willie rolled them.
Yeah, he was right next to JD so you could grab one. I met Willy a few years ago down at his shop on Calle ocho and he actually remembered me so I gave him total cudos! The stick was a little wet so I didn't smoke it but will sometime this week. Willys a great guy, down to earth and very genuine. G1

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I had a great time last night and it was great to finally meet more of you (even if there was a bounty on hitting me in the nuts). I didn't have a lot of time to hang out downstairs but definitely enjoyed the conversations I had with you guys. A big thanks to WB, SBB and ciggy, you guys know why!

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Great time and also massive props to Kochroach. He was the wizard behind the curtain for a lot of this. He was running around like crazy and sweating his balls off.

Great meeting a lot of you clowns.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I had a great time at the event. The Casa is a top notch B&M! Thanks to Eric for bringing us all together and all those behind the scenes that made this go off without any problems :thumbsup:

Presto

Padron Whore
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Great meeting everyone this weekend. TOP notch people you all are. Good beer, good smokes, and great people. What more could you ask for? Thanks to everyone that put this on and let everyone stay in their homes. Humbled by the experience.

Rob (Presto)

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Kudos to everyone involved in putting this on, it was a GREAT event. Thanks to all the Brothers in attendance, and especially the ones that I got to talk with and spend some time with. Looking forward to next year!