What's new

The Beard Thread

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Okay, okay so here is my confession. I have never used any products in my beard and have always just shaved at a certain point when my beard became unruly. I figured I'd start a thread where some of you guys that love your beards could coach some of us amateurs.

My biggest issue is my skin gets dry when I grow a big beard and I have issues with taming my beard. It wants to go all over the place instead of one direction. I have heard of beard oil before but sent even know exactly what it is. I even thought about using a little hair grease in it. What say you, anyone got some tips for general beard care?

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Power through it. It will get unruly, itchy and dry. But with a few weeks of patience, you will have a badass beard. Shampoo and conditioning the beard helps too

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I've used the Billy Jealousy Beard Envy Kit from Ulta the past 2 months and it's awesome (that is the frutiest sentence I have posted on this board.)

Jokes aside, I love it. It's a wash, then a lotion that sort of acts as beard oil. It hydrates, tames it, keeps it from itching as much. Makes my beard feel awesome, thicker but softer.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Well if we're being honest, mine really shapes up after an inch, and gets a bit wavy crazy somewhere between 2-3 inches, I use a bit of Nivea shave balm, and use a bit of hair putty or wax to tame the beast. Really just whatever I'm using on my head, the last time I shaved was haloween.... Though I've had a few trims in between i keep wanting to sport a handle bar stache but just can't seem to let it go that long r use enough wax

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have a beard too. I just thought you should know.

In all seriousness, I just put some Beard Lube (by Jack Black) on when I get in the shower, leave it on and rinse before I get out. Silky smooth. You can get it at Ulta.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't used this stuff personally, but a friend of mine said it works pretty good I've been wanting to order some but other stuff keeps coming up that takes priority. Also if you follow them on facebook they do a lot of giveaways and post funny beard related pictures http://lumberjohns.com/

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I hate all you beard growing bastages haha. I'm the only male in my family that has patchy slow growing facial hair. Enjoy your manliness fellas and keep on growing for those of us that are follicly challenged.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I hate all you beard growing bastages haha. I'm the only male in my family that has patchy slow growing facial hair. Enjoy your manliness fellas and keep on growing for those of us that are follicly challenged.
I too am follicly challenged. But my challenge is growing on the top. My beard grows about two inches an hour. Well, at least it seems that way...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I shaved my beard off several years ago, but I remember how the itch would drive me crazy sometimes until some told me about using beard oil. Wow. what a difference it made. No itch and my beard was super soft. Don't know who made it, but you only used 3-4 drops every day and just worked it into the beard Saw a thread somewhere on the board where guys are making there own with good results.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I too am follicly challenged. But my challenge is growing on the top. My beard grows about two inches an hour. Well, at least it seems that way...
Must be some disruption in the gravity field...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I, too, cannot grow a beard along the sides of my face without looking like a werewolf with mange.

But (I like to think) I can rock the 'stache and goatee.

I had a Van Dyke (where the goatee and mustache actually connect) for 20 years (September 1994 was the last time I shaved it all off). Then, a couple of months ago, I traded it in for a handlebar mustache and a chin strip:

(holy crap, I need to shave!)

I use Fisticuffs Mustache Wax to keep the handlebars curled and, for the beard, I actually use the same oil I use as my pre-shave oil when shaving. It's a homemade blend of 2 parts Castor oil, 1 part Jojoba oil (I find castor oil too thick and needs to be thinned out with Jojoba), and a mix of Cedarwood and Jasmine essential oils. I just work a few drops of it into my beard immediately after getting out of the shower. Keeps the bear soft and the skin underneath moisturized.

Plus, I only have one oil to use when I shave.

P.S. - don't forget to shampoo and condition your beard in the shower. That will go a looooong way to reduce any itching.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just wash and a little conditioner and a rinse. Thats all. just hide the scissors and let it grow:)

you dont want a pic of mine.... do you?

Let's see it
You asked for it.... Here's about a little more than half of it, oh and my everyday Boswell's pipe with frog Morton standing in my backyard.

image.jpg

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Maybe I'll try again this winter but I am with the group that looks like a few of their pubes went on a stroll. It's always patchy on the sides, I just tried but decided I should shave before going to Nica.