What's new

The Beard Thread

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks...that's the one I was looking at.
I spoke to Wayne at GBS and he said that the sampler packs should be available soon. That was late November-early December. I'd recommend picking one up to see which blend or blends of the beard oil you like best.

The gentlemen's blend is a solid one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I spoke to Wayne at GBS and he said that the sampler packs should be available soon. That was late November-early December.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good, I'll have to give them a call. I just picked up Clubman Balm and digging it so far. Huge difference during the colder season.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
https://amrboc.fwscart.com/Free_Sampler/p3992925_16905601.aspx

Just thought I'd link this here. It's the guy I continue to order from online. He's putting up a sampler of your choice of sweet or musky oil, unscented beard balm, and beard butter. All you cover is the $5 shipping costs. If you need anything specific, like I need it to be jojoba free, just say so in the comment part when you order. Or find the American Renegade Beard Oil Co. on Facebook and send him a direct message.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is this preference or allergy related? I recently switched from Beard Brand oil to Mod Cabin (argan/jojoba) and my wife commented that my beard looked straighter and fuller.
Allergy. I found out pretty early into using beard wax that my skin reacts negatively to jojoba oil. It tends to break out right along the start of my beard at the cheeks and chin.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I need to use oil for sure, sometimes wax and oil, and a bar soap for beards.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses wax in the beard. Since I keep the 'stache pretty tight, I like the goat to follow suit and while it grows fairly straight for almost the first inch, it gets a little wavy after that. Rather than buy beard balm, I make my own on the fly using Moroccan (argan) oil and some wax that didn't pass muster in the mustache. It's not as firm as they said it was...and the jerk donkeys robocalled me. Sphincter beanies.

It's a large tin as 'stache waxes go and since I don't use wax in the handlebar very often (thanks to Elmer's glue stick!) it's either toss it or find another use for it. A couple of drops of oil and a dab of wax does a good job grooming it and tames the flyers at the edges.