What's new

The beginning of the end?

CoolP

Toro! Toro! Toro!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I thought about the lifting of the embargo the other day. I came up with a date that the embargo could possibly be lifted. Follow the logic here boys. In my opinion, the embargo doesn't have the possibility of being lifted until the last person who remembers the cuban missile crisis dies. All it takes is one little old lady or man who remembers the fear of how close the country came to nuclear war during that time to keep the politicians voting to keep it. So let's assume that that person was born in 1962. They would not remember, but let's also assume that their parents described how they felt about the situation and now that this person is older, they have taken on that emotion as part of their life. Now lets assume a life expectancy of 100 for this person. This will account for some advances in medical science during the 21st century that will give another 20 years to this person. (I have actually seen reports that say for people born in this century they may actually live to be 150! but that's probably pushing it to the max.) So give another 10 years for people to forget and you have your date 2172!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cubans will probably be very expensive and the more affordable ones probably won't be very good. I think the embargo will be lifted evenatually and what I am looking forward to is the new blends that will come about. Blending Cuban and Nicaraguan tobacco or with Dominican tobacco should be interesting.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If the embargo was lifted, the Cuban tobacco business would still be a monopoly. I do not think you would see any Cuban tobacco sold to any NC factories. The Cuban govt. would keep all it had for it's own use to bring hard currency into the country. I also believe the quality would drop as volume increased but they would get a handle on it in a few years. I am more concerned with the effect on the NC factories. With the passage of the S-CHIP tax and the recession, the NC factories are already going to be under a financial strain. When the embargo is lifted we could see a lot of our favorite NC cigars go away.