What's new

The best cigar you ever had (so far!)?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Was I part of this PPP? To help with your memory I dubbed myself "Drunk Drinking" that night, the reason I ask is because if this is the cigar & the balla fellow you spoke of, that too was my fav cigar of all time, but I don't recall the name of it. Said balla was blah blah blah pre embargo from the 60's lit it up, and left......I was in awe, and drunk so yeah
No, Mick, I smoked this one solo with our balla friend (we both actually smoked one ourselves) in Kansas. It was a 70s cigar I believe so not pre-embargo, and I don't think he's ever put one of them in a PPP. But I would love to know which cigar you are referring to, maybe we'll have to get you hypnotized. :D

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
When I think of Chuck Mejia, BWhite, and IceHog these these three comics come to mind.

Name of group seems to fit like a surgical glove in the right size.

View attachment 112495

Just put Chuck and Brandon in for Larry and Curly and we'll be all set.

Hey, Surfn, I found one for you too.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
No, Mick, I smoked this one solo with our balla friend (we both actually smoked one ourselves) in Kansas. It was a 70s cigar I believe so not pre-embargo, and I don't think he's ever put one of them in a PPP. But I would love to know which cigar you are referring to, maybe we'll have to get you hypnotized. :D
Ha Ha, I swear he said it was a pre embargo he handed out 2 this particular evening (not the same cigars, and the 2nd wasn't as mind blowing as the 1st, but still damned good) it was my 1st time at this herf, so 2013 maybe? There was a group of maybe 6-10 of us. It was a magical smoke. I've been dying to know the name of it again, so maybe you can reach out to Mr. balla, maybe he remembers, but probably not.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Ha Ha, I swear he said it was a pre embargo he handed out 2 this particular evening, it was my 1st time at this herf, so 2013 maybe? There was a group of maybe 6-10 of us. It was a magical smoke. I've been dying to know the name of it again, so maybe you can reach out to Mr. balla, maybe he remembers, but probably not.
I can, assuming we are talking about the same balla.....there were many of them there in 2013. :D

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cigarfest '11. Johnathan Drew had posted on the Cbid Forum that he would have a very limited supply of pre-production Dirty Rats at Cfest, for those who knew to ask for them. Of course I tracked him down. I remember that Dirty Rat to be the best cigar I've ever smoked, and I've smoked close to 10,000 cigars. Sadly, the regular production boxes I bought upon release, due to that pre-production smoke, did not measure up. They where extremely good, but that pre-production DR was magical.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for this year: aladino most vitolas, patina robusto, venganza toro, af 858 sun grown (recently introduced to me)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The one cigar I consider one of the best I ever had was a Don Collins (PR) corona gorda. It was a cigar I gave to my guests at my wedding. I did not actually get to smoke one until my first wedding anniversary. It was outstanding and I can still remember the experience.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One Pudgy Monsters Frank that I had a few years ago. Walnuts and milk chocolate. My god it was amazing. Maybe I was having a stroke, imagining it, I dunno. But for some reason that cigar sticks in my mind as one of the best I've ever enjoyed.

For consistency the Padron 1926 #9; every time I've ever had it it has been spectacular. Hazelnuts, peppercorns, strong as hell. This is my birthday cigar as in I just won't allow myself to spend that much on a cigar more than once or twice a year but when I do I always find it's worth it.

A Partagas Serie D No. 4 I enjoyed with my brother. Sweet, creamy, dessert like with some spice. Lots of flavor transitions.