What's new

The Best Hygrometer

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Fredneck, there really aren't any (well, maybe one or two) out there that can actually be "calibrated". You just have to test, and note how far off they are.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Nope, you know what the RH is in the container and then do some math to figure out what you are off by.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
fredneck said:
I just need the best.

I have never been like this before I began collecting cigars, but it ABSOLUTELY FREAKS ME OUT THAT THERE MIGHT BE A POSSIBILITY THAT MY RH IS OFF.

Am I weird?
I feel the same way. But the recent money situation has caused me to accept that my Western III is 5% off and I just subtract 5%...BUT...as soon as I get a chance I'm getting a better hygro.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
thebigo said:
this one's pretty cool and it's on sale through oregon scientific
http://www.weatherconnection.com/mfgproduct.asp?itmky=244946&mfgno=1

by the way...how do you insert a link within a word that you write. for example, you write POOP and when you click on the word you go the link.
Hmmmm, that one has a weather forcaster. I wonder if it will be sunny in my humi or a chance of thunderstorms?:dunno:

I didn't see an RH function however, but it looks badass.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
fredneck said:
Hmmmm, that one has a weather forcaster. I wonder if it will be sunny in my humi or a chance of thunderstorms?:dunno:

I didn't see an RH function however, but it looks badass.
That would be interesting to see the expected forcast inside the humi.

Tom, would you be able to put one sensor inside and one outside and get readings for inside AND outside your humi?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yes, the unit comes with one sensor. I have it in the humi. The outside reading unit has a sensor to give me room information. You also can add one or two more sensors

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ahhhh...so the unit itself has a sensor on it plus an extra sensor to put in the humi, yes?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
You got it, and an indiglo light for when you are looking at the humi in the dark

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
well i don't know. I wasn't sure if you put the main unit on you dresser and the other sensor in your humi and push a button on the main unit, to switch between the main unit and sensor, to see the humidity where the main unit is and the humidity where the sensor is.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm looking at it right now. So do you ahve to open up the humi to see the humidity inside?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Oh boy, let me clarify for you guys :rofl:

There is a sensor that is placed in the humidor(can't read anything on it).

The main unit has another sensor in it for the room temp/RH. You then use a button to toggle between the different readings of the senors.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
caudio51 said:
Oh boy, let me clarify for you guys :rofl:

There is a sensor that is placed in the humidor(can't read anything on it).

The main unit has another sensor in it for the room temp/RH. You then use a button to toggle between the different readings of the senors.
:hysterica