What's new

The BOTL O'Beer Project

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well I have applied all my labels to the bottles and had two while I was at it. They are all mostly straight hahah! Anyhow I was amazed by how clear the beer ended up and thickness of the foam so here's two pics from my labeling session.

The first one shows that this beer foam can in fact hold a bottle cap. The second hopefully shows how clear the beer ended up. If you look closely you can see the bubbles rising up from the nucleation site in my glass. The short time it has been in the bottles has improved the flavor and rounded out the bitterness quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Holy crap this is awesome. I somehow managed to miss most of this thread, so it was a total shock when this showed up in the mail today:

Thanks so much, Adam and everyone else involved!

-Charles

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
We may have BOTL O'Beer 2 in early planning stages. Squaring up some ideas, but I think the group is onto something. :grin:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Just wondering, after reading all the posts on this topic are there three different versions of the BOTL Beer or that three BOTL'ers had involvment in the original creation of it....just curious that's all.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
We may have BOTL O'Beer 2 in early planning stages. Squaring up some ideas, but I think the group is onto something. :grin:
This is why I bumped it :bouncetau And if they stick to what they were talking about in chat then it should be an awesome beer

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Just wondering, after reading all the posts on this topic are there three different versions of the BOTL Beer or that three BOTL'ers had involvment in the original creation of it....just curious that's all.
Pretty sure it was one recipe, but three brewers will likely result in three slightly different beers. IIRC, Adam said that Mikey's was the higher % of alcohol.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Pretty sure it was one recipe, but three brewers will likely result in three slightly different beers. IIRC, Adam said that Mikey's was the higher % of alcohol.
Thanks Jere, same recipe but it was in fact made individually by each of the three; meaning three different versions from the same recipe. Sounds very yummy!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many of you know, there are a number of home brewers on the forum here with a passion for making good beer. I personally started about 3 years ago and love the hobby and hope that this thread generates more interest in the hobby, those of us involved in what you are about to read about would be happy to help and guide you as you learn.

.... (I cut a lot out) ....

All that now being said, myself, Adam and Jeremy would like introduce you to the BOTL O'Beer Volume I. An American IPA

I just wanted to pop on and say we here at Drew Estate were the gracious recipient of a bottle of this courtesy of MH which we cracked yesterday in our executive meeting.

IMHO, it was creamy, hoppy, just the right amount of citrus - in short was f'ing DELICIOUS!

I really, really, really enjoyed it - we all did - great job you guys and thanks so much for sharing it!

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I just wanted to pop on and say we here at Drew Estate were the gracious recipient of a bottle of this courtesy of MH which we cracked yesterday in our executive meeting.

IMHO, it was creamy, hoppy, just the right amount of citrus - in short was f'ing DELICIOUS!

I really, really, really enjoyed it - we all did - great job you guys and thanks so much for sharing it!

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

Saw JD's video on FB, good stuff! LOL Way to go brother, great beer!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate
I think I saw JD post a video on Facebook about it. That's pretty awesome. He looked pretty happy. :D

Tapatalk makes me wet.....

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm hoping one of you guys bring some of this to Nicaragua this week. After Saka and JD's glowing reviews, I need to try this. As a homebrewer, I'm interested to hear the recipe as well.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just curious if at some point this is a recipe you guys would be willing to share? If so I'd love to punch it into beersmith and convert it to an extract recipe so I could give brewing it a try.