What's new

The BOTL O'Beer Project

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yeah seriously, drink it Justin!

And I gotta say, this is an awesome collaboration on so many levels. Very well done and put together gents :thumbsup:

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
THIS IS AWESOME. I LOVE THIS PLACE.

.....sooooooooo when does Ron get his liquor licence so this can be had at the botl store :).
Sadly, it is FAR more complex than that. Doesn't matter if Ron get's a license. The brewery needs a license to brew and distribute...and they need it for every state they want to distribute in. The big 3 beer companies really locked down the network with the 3-tier distribution system making it very expensive for the little guy to enter the market. That's why a lot of micro breweries start out as a brew-pub, they use the money from the restaurant to fund the brewery.
If you look at the likes of DFH and 3 Floyds, that's what they had to do to raise funds in the beginning. So it can be tough for a "beer" guy unless he's got a lot of money or venture funding, they need to also understand the food business to make the restaurant successful.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sadly, it is FAR more complex than that. Doesn't matter if Ron get's a license. The brewery needs a license to brew and distribute...and they need it for every state they want to distribute in. The big 3 beer companies really locked down the network with the 3-tier distribution system making it very expensive for the little guy to enter the market. That's why a lot of micro breweries start out as a brew-pub, they use the money from the restaurant to fund the brewery.
If you look at the likes of DFH and 3 Floyds, that's what they had to do to raise funds in the beginning. So it can be tough for a "beer" guy unless he's got a lot of money or venture funding, they need to also understand the food business to make the restaurant successful.
.....and I sure as hell don't want to deal with the wait/restaurant staff. It seems that you get a couple good ones and the rest rotate in and out like a whore pulling tricks on the street. This I speak from experience working at the brewery/pub that I do yeast work.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
And all the stuff dealing with licenses and approvals through the ATF. Then you can't legally brew until you find your location. It is a headache but it would all be worth it once it is all competed.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Also, if anyone makes a $50 donation directly to BOTL, not only will you be supporting this site, but you may make it onto Santa's good list and get some sort of stocking stuffer.
All spots filled for right now.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
First-round of spots are filled now. I will repost in the thread when I get a count of how many spots remain. (General donations are still open).

Last edited: