What's new

the College Football thread

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
We need a good college football thread. All the other threads are old, so break out the tailgate games and fire up the grill, cheer for your team, and trash others here.

Mizzou starts their winning season today; not sure about your team though, your team probably sucks...
M-I-Z!

Cant wait to see if D .locke can lock down the heismann

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Going back and fourth between TX vs Maryland and Villanova vs Temple. All other games are blowouts. Oh, the Wildcats just won.
I too am waiting to see if Harbaugh can get his shit together against Dame.
He's lost quite a few against big challengers. No skin with either, just want to watch a good game.
My game is tomorrow night: Miami vs LSU.
Go Canes!

images.jpg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Z-O-U!
I looked at the NDSU schedule, looks like they have some games not too far away - you going to see them play?
Yes - I'd like to get to Springfield for the MO State game in November (y)
Bison, bring your bling to the herf at EO80's. I would love to see it.
Absolutely! I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm getting excited about this season, so maybe it's time to revive this thread! Who's out there???

So my question for years is in regards to the first three games of the season where teams play other teams that are not in their division(typically). This is essential for rankings, but in Oregon's case they will only play one of those three games against a power 5 conference team. Why aren't all those games played against P5 conference teams??? 'Bama is playing Mercer for their second game and Bama has a 99.9% chance of winning. Seems like a waste of time for Bama and Mercer. Ya get my drift? What are your thoughts on this?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The SEC is by far the best conference in college football, so yes their schedules are jam packed! Bama has their 3 easy games spread out through the season which is nice. I guess those games can be kind of like pre-season games where they can let 2nd and 3rd stingers get some play.

I guess I just don't understand what a team like Mercer will learn from getting beat by 60+- points. It just seems pointless. Of course if you remember maybe 10 years ago or so, App St. beat Michigan who was really good at that time, so I guess anything can happen.