What's new

the College Football thread

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
On the flag are 3 symbols. The gold castle on the red field represents the Spanish kingdom, who allowed and even assisted the Acadians in settling their new homeland. The silver fleur-de-lis on the blue field represents their French heritage. The gold star on the white background represents the Virgin Mary, patron saint of the Acadians.

I gave you the hint as soon as I posted the guess question. The site was a bit slow so you beat me to it Great guess!

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
On the flag are 3 symbols. The gold castle on the red field represents the Spanish kingdom, who allowed and even assisted the Acadians in settling their new homeland. The silver fleur-de-lis on the blue field represents their French heritage. The gold star on the white background represents the Virgin Mary, patron saint of the Acadians.

I gave you the hint as soon as I posted the guess question. The site was a bit slow so you beat me to it Great guess!
I searched New Orleans city flag and saw the flour-de-lis which your flag has, but the New Orleans city flag was different so I just went for it. :LOL:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A lot of my family went to school at Cal, so I grew up watching Cal Football. After high school 6 of my friends went to school at Oregon, so I started watching them. That was back when Joey Harrington was quarterback. It was way more exciting to watch then Cal, so I'm an Oregon Fan to this day. I just love college football in general, so my Saturdays are spent on the couch all day. NFL sundays....not so much.

This years uniforms. People either love 'em or hate 'em. :LOL: I love 'em!

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think you are going to see some interesting changes just because athletes are now able to profit from their image, I wonder if it will be like pro sports where the larger media markets will be more attractive to college athletes.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think you are going to see some interesting changes just because athletes are now able to profit from their image, I wonder if it will be like pro sports where the larger media markets will be more attractive to college athletes.
Yes, it will definitely be interesting to see what happens and changes.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What happens if Texas and Oklahoma end up in the SEC. Do Bama and Auburn move to the East and the two new teams join LSU in the West?
I would think so, but I hope not. Seems ridiculous to move to a conference with 14 teams to make it 16. They should both stay put in the Big12. What do they have to gain by going to the SEC???

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I really believe the SEC would be happy to not schedule out of conference games, keep all the money at home and make the SEC Championship game bigger then any playoff system the NCAA comes up with. They have to make the East more competitive to make the SEC Championship game more important.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wouldn’t it be cool to do a pick em’ or something for the SEC with cigars??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picks every week, and tally up who has the most wins? Winner gets a stogie shower, errrr??? It's ingenious!!! I'd be more into a Power 5 conferences pick 'em. Seems more even steven and more interesting as well???

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Read an article that said the SEC has to have 11 of the 14 teams approve their entry into the conference. Reliable no's are Texas A&M, Missouri and pretty surely Arkansas. The deciding vote may be LSU's athletic director Scott Woodward who used to be Texas A&M's athletic director prior to coming to Baton Rouge. The three no's cite Texas' reputation for "filling" a room at the detriment of smaller schools.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well they have entered on a unanimous vote. Realignment?

Texas and Oklahoma enter the west with Alabama and Auburn moving to the east
Teams would play the teams in their division every year with two games with teams from the other division. Problem is it's takes a long time to get a chance to play every team in the SEC (4 years) and even longer 8 years to have home and away games. Each team with best record in east and west would play in SEC Championship Total of 11 games before bowl games There would still be room for 2 out of conference games.

or

4 divisions
this scenario would allow each team to play the other 3 teams in their division and 2 teams in each of the other divisions yearly. This would allow teams to swap home games in their division yearly, play all teams in the SEC every two years with home games rotating on a 4 year schedule. 2 teams from different divisions with the best records would play in the SEC Championship. Total of 11 games before bowl games There would still be room for 2 out of conference games.

They could have a 4 team playoff (each division) and then the SEC Championship (12 games) There would be room for 1 out of conference game.