What's new

"The Dark Side"...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
We've all heard the term, and it has several meanings obviously...

Here's an example of how it's applicable for the palate transformation from the stronger/fuller NCs....
to the pursuit of equal flavor without the kick in the head.

*disclaimer....not an endorsement that Cubans are better by any means...just much more suited to my palate and smoking preferences. It took me a couple years to figure it out, and far too much $$...

Here's the before...

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/40806-Just-picked-it-up-today!

and the after.....

001.JPG003.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Have some pics to add obviously...but the forum isn't letting me post from my home PC for some reason. Only my phone...

Stay tuned..

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Even though I smoke 95% CC's, I won't claim they are better than NC's. I feel tastes are so subjective and smoke what you like and nothing is really better, just different. Of course the "aficionados" will say cubans are better, but that's BS to me. For a change up, I sure do enjoy a good Tat Reserva, Liga or Illusione and think they are damn good cigars. Just over time, my flavor profile has leaned more towards the less powerful cubans that have a little more complexity and subtle flavors rather than the flavor bombs. With that said, I really respect what the JD's, Pepins etc are doing with Nica tobacco.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
I respect NC's too, but CC's are better I have no problem saying it lol. I only smoke 3-4 sticks per week I really can't handle maximum bodied flavor bombs.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Even though I smoke 95% CC's, I won't claim they are better than NC's. I feel tastes are so subjective and smoke what you like and nothing is really better, just different. Of course the "aficionados" will say cubans are better, but that's BS to me. For a change up, I sure do enjoy a good Tat Reserva, Liga or Illusione and think they are damn good cigars. Just over time, my flavor profile has leaned more towards the less powerful cubans that have a little more complexity and subtle flavors rather than the flavor bombs. With that said, I really respect what the JD's, Pepins etc are doing with Nica tobacco.
You know this means we have to fight to the death right??!! ;)

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Great pics! Fine view at a change in preference, thanks. Looks to me, like you've been smoking some stellar sticks, whether it be NC or CC!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Ryan, this is one of the best posts concerning personal preference and respect for differing preference I've read. Thank you

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Wonder where that more flavor less power line comes from in my sig line.....hmmmm... I love a Liga or brown line. But I also love not waking up with a ashtray in my mouth as well. Even after a 2 min brush of the teeth/tounge.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Great post and great stash you have there for any CC or NC fan it looks like you have and had a great collection.

Buy what you like - smoke what you like.

My Opinion on CC's is that I run into Far more Quality problems with them than NC's.

As an engineer I know my sample size doesn't qualify for any real definitive statistical test, just my Opinion.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I've had one maybe 3 (can't remember off the top of my head) plugged cc the last 2 years. It was a farm rolled. While I've had a handful of "tight" draws none where un smokable. Mostly 08 09 10 11 boxes. I would like to hear from alot of the other daily/semi weekly CC guys with their experiance on this issue. Btw kyle I think many others have followed the same path at roughly the same timeline.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had one maybe 3 (can't remember off the top of my head) plugged cc the last 2 years. It was a farm rolled. While I've had a handful of "tight" draws none where un smokable. Mostly 08 09 10 11 boxes. I would like to hear from alot of the other daily/semi weekly CC guys with their experiance on this issue. Btw kyle I think many others have followed the same path at roughly the same timeline.
I've been a bit unlucky lately. Bought a box of 2007 Partagas Serie du Connaissuer #2s and 4-5 were plugged. Box of RA Extra ELs and 3-4 were plugged and unsmokeable. Five pack of Monte #4s and one was plugged. Two three packs of Upmann Mag 46s en tubo and two were covered in mold (technically not a construction problem but a quality issue.)

Conversely, the NC cigars that I smoke - Padrons, Liga Privada, and the occasional Fuente, NEVER have these issues. YMMV, of course.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
I've been smoking 3-5 CC's per week for 8 months. Have come across 1 fully plugged unsmokeable cigar. It was a 2010 VR Clasico. My regular lineup consist of Trinidads, RyJ's, VR's and Bolivar.