What's new

The day is HERE!!!

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the same wine cooler as jwrussel and I have not had his problems. I live in Reno and here we suffer heat in the summer and cold in the winter with no humidity all year long. So I have it plugged in during the summer and fall and in the winter I can unplug it and it keeps it at 68 deg. The best thing I did for my cigars 2 years ago was buying the wine cooler and the cigars coming out always smoke perfectly.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Sorry to ask?? My coolerdor looks like crap in my office, but seems to hold humidity perfectly. Still looking at cabinets, there pretty, but expensive. Seen many a post here and around on them to help me make a very educated decision. Tough choices and your wineadoor thread made things even more interesting.

Good luck with the issues brother, in FL the heat and high humidity have to be a bitch. MD gets bad humidity in summer as well, but so much dryer in winter. But we don't quite get the 5 months of summer heat you get. Keep us posted.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
unless you have your cigars out in the open in trays, here's what i do to mine. I have all my smokes stored in boxes, so i put the hygro in a box also. the swings go away. open space is prone to swings, but inside the boxes stays nice and stable...i love mine!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
AZsteelman said:
unless you have your cigars out in the open in trays, here's what i do to mine. I have all my smokes stored in boxes, so i put the hygro in a box also. the swings go away. open space is prone to swings, but inside the boxes stays nice and stable...i love mine!
Thats why you need to have a full cooler/cabinet!:help:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Try storing a few bottles of wine? :scratchhe :hysterica Then as you take up more room with cigars drink the wine My cooler is doing fine with the RH I just need some more boxes of cigars. I have a friend that is south of Miami :guitar: right now I'm looking for a surprise any day :drool:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have a couple bottles in there Searcher, but thanks for the advice, lol. Well, quick update for ya'll. I threw the hygro in my newest cab and it stuck rock steady at 70%. So this morning I cracked the door to the cooler before going to work. When I got back from lunch I closed it back up. Since then, the reading inside the cab has been steady at 65%. The open air hygro's are still reading to high, so we'll see if another morning of having the door cracked helps to even things out some.

Oh, and those boxes that should soon be taking up some more space might help out a bit too. :wink:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Eh. It's doing OK. Certain parts of it, especially near the back cooling plate are much higher in RH than I would like, but the cigars smoke fine so everything's ok I guess. Most parts of the cooler are 65% +/- 5%. Not nearly as rock solid as I would prefer, but OK. I still think Packing it solid full of smokes would help. :rofl:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I did not think my thermoelectric would draw so much RH out vs the condenser kind like yours. I am not opening it up everyday now either. I have that down to every OTHER day. Mine is almost completely full you could say, so that helps keep RH good when the unit runs for longer periods of time. The Oasis seems to keep the air RH good, so when the cooler shuts off, so does the Oasis most times. I would think inside the cigar boxes are even more steady RH wise. I am half tempted to put it in the basement where it should be cooler. Oh well, for now I better not bring home to the :wifey:.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yeah Steve. Mine's only about half full right now. I'm about done spending money on the other hobby at this point (bang, bang) so once I've paid some of that down it'll be time to fill up the other half. I know it runs better when it's close to full.